“Nice italian place in Barcelona” 4 of 5 stars
Review of A Gianni

A Gianni
C/Valencia 350 , Eixample | 08009, Barcelona, Spain (Eixample)
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
A Gianni is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #199 of 6,675 Restaurants in Barcelona
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Eixample
“Nice italian place in Barcelona”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We had a nice late lunch in this small Italian place, selected on trip advisor rating! Very nice dishes, good mozzarella ( suggestion) and very nice fresh pastas! As we were late on a Sunday afternoon, it was not very lively, but we had a great quiet lunch!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Mountain View, CA
“Nice little respite from the same old tapas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I love to eat when I travel, and try new kinds of food, but by the last day of our two weeks in Portugal and Spain I had seen my fill of plates of ham (delicious though it was) and long lists of shellfish options (which I don't really care for), and the lack of vegetables. I had the loveliest green salad here, and my husband and I both had delicious pizzas. The woman who was our hostess suggested a really delicious wine that I thoroughly enjoyed. We could easily have shared one pizza, though diners near us each ate a pizza as well as at least two other courses. We were too full to even look at the dessert menu. It would have been nice to have had more pizza options that were only vegetables, though I would guess I could have asked and gotten something without ham or fish on it. A really nice little respite from the same old tapas. Nice thin crust pizza -- if Chicago style pizza is your thing, you might not enjoy this, but we loved it! Very carefully prepared and delicious!

“Absolutely PERFECT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

WOW WOW WOW! I cant say enough good things. We were just strolling and saw this placs pop up as nearby, so we went. It was our last night after 3 weeks in Europe. It was also perfect.

The restaurant environment was wonderful; it was a glorious mix of formal and informal and still romantic. The food was great--especially the pizzas. They challenged what we had in Rome, quite honestly. Most importantly, the staff were great. Incredibly helpful, charming, and friendly (and speedy). That's not something to take for granted. Every time I go back to Barcelona, I will be here. Simply the best of the best. YOU MUST GO!!!

United States
“Excellent Italian restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Was recommended this restaurant by the Primavera Hostel and was not disappointed. We had delightful bruschetta and cheese starters, great salads, amazing filet mignon and a nice bottle of wine. Two outstanding desserts -- way more than just tiramisu -- made the night and dinner perfect. If I am lucky enough to return to Barcelona, I won't hesitate to return to this restaurant for dinner. Prices represent exceptional value for quality of food and service.

Averill Park, New York, United States
“A wonderful break from Spanish Cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

After 4 days of Spanish food my husband and I were looking for something familiar. What better comfort then Italian food. Gianni, which was right around the corner from my hotel, was perfect. The owner, very friendly, explained each dish and then had us taste wine she recommended with our meal to see which one we liked best. The fresh mozzarella was outstanding and the homemade pasta was delicious. If you need a break from Spanish fair I can't recommend this place enough.