“A great surprise” 4 of 5 stars

93.300.79.80
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
La Forquilla is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 6,406 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: La Forquilla is a cozy restaurant with a warm environment, located near Rambla del Poblenou and various hotels, provides you an excelent menu with high quality products of the season and a carelly wine selection.All this accompanied with little details to enjoy every time.
Barcelona, Spain
“A great surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

The restaurant La Forquilla was a great surprise.

Although the positive reviews on various sites, try it in person was a great experience.

You can choose two types of menus, MENÚ DEGUSTACION and MENÚ SENSACIONES

All the dishes were delicious as well for the wine (the wine prices are very affordable).

In some dishes the refinement was a bit out of place, because the type of food is not technically complex and the amount that is proposed is a little awkward. This happened with aperitifs, where we had a simple asparagus with a sauce similar to mayonnaise in microscopic doses, or a sardine with small pieces of apple.

In other dishes the flavors are balanced and refined better and they come out as true delicacies. The tataki de atun and solomillo de vaca were excellent, with a perfect combination of sauces. Even the cake was a pleasant surprise, with an explosion of flavors combined very well under the dominion of red fruits.

The rice was the only dish that was out of tune, bland, almost tasteless: weird, definitely a passenger mistake. Also the Madness of colors had too much lime and fennel sauce.
The owner of the restaurant is very nice, but can definitely improve in elegance.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Chicago, Illinois
“Fine dining, wonderful service and unbelievably reasonable costs.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

I expected our dinner at La Forquilla to be delicious - it is rated very high on Trip Advisor.
But the food, service and attention to detail were way above excellent.
This is a small restaurant and the only server is also the chef/restaurant owner.
He and his sous chef make magic in the kitchen.
We were a party of 6 and had the 10 course "tasting" dinner. It was worth every penny and much much more. Every course was meticulously prepared and full of flavor. The chef
is young but so talented and smart about food preparation and presentation.
All I can say is that I wish the restaurant was in Chicago but then, again, I probably couldn't afford
it here.

Hong Kong, China
“Very delicious with good value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

The 45 euro tasting menu has so many mouthwatering and creative dishes. My Norweigian friend is very surprised with the meal and hopes he can go again!

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
“A MUST -DO in Barcelona”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

A personal food journey into Wonderland! Vidal's food wonderland! La Forquilla is a one man show- Vidal is owner, maitre'd, chef, bar man- you name it -and he does it ALL So WELL! He takes no more than 10 guests per sitting and gives you personalised service explaining each and every intricate detail of his culinary masterpiece. And truly each morsel is just that- masterpiece to indulge with every sense possible. The food is exquisite to look at and heavenly to taste!! The price is extremely reasonable for what you are experiencing. We paid 45 Euros each for 9 courses and thought it was a bargain. I don't understand how this fabulous restaurant has dropped in ratings on Tripadvisor, but I can say that if you don't go to La Forquilla - you will be missing out on one of life's culinary highlights!!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent jewel in my 40th birthday crown.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Having had a surprise motorbike and sidecar ride sprung on me, I was expecting the destination to just be a standard good restaurant somewhere decent, but as far as I was concerned, the company was what I was looking forward to. WOW. Was I broadsided!! I cant imagine having a nicer, more personal restaurant experience WHEREVER we had gone.

A small but fabulously picked wine list was presented to us along with an incredible taster menu. The next 2 hours was a blur of fascinating taste combinations, delicately presented courses and thoroughly enjoyable conversation with both my girlfriend and the owner chef (a couple of tables had cancelled at the last minute, so we experienced 1:1 service). He described some of his culinary processes, with quite a lot of his enthusiasm rubbing off on me. In fact, we got on so well that he asked us to try a further course of dessert and crit it! Something he was working on. Absolutely amazing.

After eating and drinking, he was more than happy to call us a cab, and while we waited we continued chatting with him about the pitfalls of the independant chef/owner and how much it costs him when people cancel at the last minute. That said, an 11 course taster menu and excellent wine came to a total MUCH lower than I was expecting. (Although I wasnt paying!) Most importantly, for a restaurant of this type I left full!!

I wish the guy all the luck in the world. Possibly the best meal I have ever had.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere