“Post Cruise Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #89 of 518 Hotels in Barcelona
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Post Cruise Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Loved this hotel. Very handy for buses, trams, metro & even the Grayline Ho Ho stop was close by. Shopping on the doorstep too.
Food & drink very reasonably priced by any standards, 3 courses & glass of vino for 19 Euros!!
Close to what looked like good bars & restaurants. Loved sitting in the restaurant watching the world go by as Avenida Diagonal came to life in the morning.
Walking was easy too, loved that you could actually walk down the centre of Avenida Diagonal or Ramblas Poblenou.
Our room on the 3rd floor with kingsize bed was a decent size & we had no problem with noise from outside despite looking down on the taxi rank at the corner.
Staff were very friendly & helpful.
As others have mentioned though, taxi driver from airport did not recognise name of hotel, we did give him the exact address but he still had a problem. Maybe management need to put some info out to the taxi companies/ranks at the airport.
Mind you, lots of taxis sitting outside at back corner of hotel & very knowledgeable drivers. Our taxi to cruise terminal was less than people had mentioned on here.
Will certainly recommend to friends & family heading to Barca & hope to visit again in the future.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

This is a really nice hotel. The staff is amazing, always helpful and always welcomes you with a big smile especially Amelia at the front desk.We had a room on the first floor which was a little bit noisy in the mornings but it was okay. The breakfast is good too. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
wrexham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

We went with another couple to celebrate friends 50th birthday Rooms clean, bathroom fab and food and drinks very reasonably priced. Good location, quiet rooms, staff very welcoming and helpful with how to get the tour bus and places of interest. We ordered champagne and was treated to some chef special tapas, nice gesture. Only whinge, no hair conditioner only shampoo in the bathroom.
Cleaner did an excellent job every day. Fantastic mall GLORIES with fab restaurants. English is not spoken anywhere accept when we were in the hotel reception and on the tour bus. Get the Turistic tour bus as they had plenty of buses running, we went on the other line, Gray line, very sparse buses had to wait ages for each one. Barcelona is truly a breathtaking city.

Room Tip: request a high room, level 6 or 7 as less noise
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Where to start this mess...

Check In experience was bad, people are not friendly and not supportive, forget about the smile ...

Now from facts wise:

1- rooms are noisy as they face the Diagonal
2- ambiance music in the corridor starts at 7am, and it is as loud as an alarm... so if you want an extra hour of sleep believe me they will get u up for your 7 am meeting, if at all you have one!

3- this evening, no cold tap water and its been more than hour and nothing fixed, i cannot even freshen up; and they are saying it's going to be fixed tomorrow.

4- I spread bit of drink on my bed sheet, I requested it to be changed, they first sent me a pillow case and then I got the bed sheet from a security guard, and they are expecting me to change it myself.

5- TV showing no signal, I want to distress while waiting for the water to get fixed, but TV not working and they keep sending this security guy, who has no clue of what's going on and on a top of that he doesn't speak English !!!

Now I got offered to change room so far since half an hour no one shown up yet.

Just to let you know, I'm SPG platinum which means i spent more than 75 nights in Sheratons in a year across the globe and trust me this is the worst, and this how I got served.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Xavier M, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Barcelona Diagonal, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear Mr Mounir,

First of all thank you for your visit to our City and Hotel, all our customer comments are taken into consideration and this is very important to help improve our standards that you know so well. Secondly I would like to apologies on behalf of our staff and management regarding your last stay as the service was not up to standard but I assure you that this is not how we treat our guests. I challenge you to return and as a Platinum Member I will do all that is possible to make your stay is a memorable one.
Thank you once again for your time in filling out this questionnaire and will look foeard to seeing you back in Barcelona.

Belfort, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

I spend just a few hours in this beautiful hotel. if I am not mistaken is a three stars hotels but the service is from 5 stars. I arrived late at night and the receptionist (Julian) made a professional and quickly check in. I asked if I could get something to eat and he prepared for me and my friends a table in the lobby (fast and professional).i really spend a good time with my friends and Julian made his best for create a great atmosphere.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

I stayed for 1 night whilst in business in Barcelona, and this hotel meets all requirements. Quite far from the city centre which wasn't an issue for me, some local bars and restaurants within walking distance plus the beach as well.
Service was excellent, the room was a decent size and was quiet and clean. The only gripe was no plug for the bath!
The breakfast was plentiful and nice tasting, I shall return.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Xavier M, Director General at Four Points by Sheraton Barcelona Diagonal, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
Dear Peterc80,

Thank you for your generous comments about our Hotel and its services, I hope that this will be the start of a long relationship for us both.
I hope you will keep us in mind if you ever decide to return to Barcelona and that you have arrived home safety from your Journey.

Sincerely

London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

This is a very basic hotel, which surprised me since I usually pretty much always stay at a Sheraton hotel when I am travelling for work, so was a bit shocked on my arrival. Did understand the reason for this when I got my bill though.

Staff are nice and friendly, rooms are basic, but the bed is comfortable and clean.

Would definitely stay here if I am paying myself and visiting Barcelona, but when work is paying then I prefer to go more upscale.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Eric Lemo,

It is important for us to work hard to meet our client’s expectations and fulfill them as we can, sometimes they are higher for other reasons and we are sorry if this was the case. We are Four Points by Sheraton but we like to boast of giving our clients memorable stays which in many cases as seen in the social media we have made come true.

Sincerely

X.M

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Barcelona Diagonal? Share your experiences!