“Comfortable room, extremely good food” 5 of 5 stars

Four Points by Sheraton Barcelona Diagonal
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Diagonal 161-163, 08018 Barcelona, Spain   |
Ranked #89 of 518 Hotels in Barcelona
Dallas, Texas
“Comfortable room, extremely good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

First of all, it doesn't make sense for anyone to dock points for this hotel's lack of "luxury," since it's the Four Points. If you want luxury, you should go to the Le Meridian or the W. I found the service to be professional. There were only a couple of times when certain staff members didn't want to go the extra mile (like one of the ladies in the restaurant who didn't want to let me have a coffee to go), but there was always someone else who intervened (and got me my coffee!). A big surprise was the quality of food in the restaurant. I generally never eat at the hotel, and I honestly wouldn't have tried La Avenida if it weren't for my boyfriend, who got sick and couldn't leave to get food. I'm sorry he was sick, but I'm glad we ate there! The food was SO reasonably priced (14 euro for an appetizer, entree, dessert, and drink for lunch; 20 euro for dinner) and most importantly - delicious! We're huge foodies and did tons of research of what restaurants to eat in Barcelona - by the end of our trip, La Avenida was near the top of our list. So needless to say, give the restaurant a try! Other than that, the room was comfortable, clean, and cozy. As a Platinum member, I was upgraded to a comfort room - enough space for me. Also, the breakfast was great - lots of options. All in all, when I return to Barcelona, I will choose the Four Points over the Le Meridian or W (given that it's only 3,000 points per night compared to 12,000 and 20,000, respectively).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

A nice and relax hotel for staying for relax. Staying here in summer time, and the sunshine wakes me up in the morning with its large window. The location is fine if you wanna stay need to neighbourhood place. The metro need to have some walk. But there is plenty of bakery shop near the hotel for breakfast and so forth. Yea, it's clean and got free wifi access with a password provided by hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Malaga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Stayed at this hotel couple of times. Have to admit is little out of the city centre.However the metro station is just behind a corner so no big deal for us.
Very reasonable price in expensive Barcelona as I paid only 70 e per night.
Breakfast mediocare at the best.Tried a room service once food was excelent.
will be back

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Barcelona, Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

First of all I would like to say I have never slept in this hotel, so I cannot avaluate the rooms, but have had some drinks with friends or lunch especially on weekends.

I have known this property before Sheraton took over. I must say that I always liked the modern touch and the glass building. I have enjoyed a cup of nice coffee, a decent meal or a drink over with some friends.
Staff is proactive and always helpful, especially front desk guys, They have provided better service as expected any time I was there. All of them speak decent English and some French I believe, beside of Catalan of course.
The little bar with cosy chairs and sofas is my favourite for poeple watching and check my mail on my handy. Wifi is free for hotel guests and visitors.
They offer breakfast, lunch and dinner set menus during the whole week.
The quantity is a little too small for me, but the presentation and the quality is good. But for a price of EUR 14,00 you cannot expect too much.
The waiters need to improve in service and professional approach. So much waiting time and chit-chatting between them.
For the ones who are looking for a nice and resonable stay in Barcelona, off beaten tourist track, this is the address to book a room.
The hotel is situated on Avenida Diagonal, 5 min walk from the Noveau's Water Tower which iluminates during the night in different colours and patterns.
From the hotel, the beach is a 10 min walk, Forum is also 10 mins awas at the very far end of Diagonal.

Room Tip: All rooms are new with good design, but the Diagonal side is better.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Walnut Creek, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

This hotel is very standard fare. The service is good. There is no coffee tea or pot to make hot water in the room. You can have these items delivered for a 2.5 Euro delivery fee. The number of towels is also limited but you can call for more. The breakfast buffet in the mornings is quite good. The gym on the top floor is okay but limited in equipment. I never encountered people in the gym even at what are normally peak times. The location is close to the metro so you can easily take public transit; you can walk to the beach in fifteen minutes.

Room Tip: The rooms are all very similar in appointments. From the top levels if you or on the east side you c...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Chiclana de la Frontera, Spain
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My boyfriend and I checked in and were happy with the accomodations. I was even surprised to hear workers speak more than one language. I was sad to have noticed I didn't have a coffee machine in my room, nor get waited on in their bar area. Then I came to realize it was like that in many of the places we visited. Either way service was ehhh! :(

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Agustin M, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Barcelona Diagonal, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear guest,
I would like to thank you for sharing with us your experiences at the Four Points by Sheraton Barcelona.
I would like to apologies for not been able to achieve all your expectations. In relation with the coffee maker facilities we do apply a complimentary voucher system and with that you can enjoy coffee free daily at the bar or at your room using room service.
In relation with the service level we take good note of your commends and we reinforce the standard services to inmprove it and show a better face in future visits to Barcelona.
we do celebarte you enjoyed our rooms.
Thanks again and if you plan to return to Barcelona we will happy to welcoming you back..
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

Spent 6 nights at this hotel for business. The rooms are spacious and the gym is very modern. My only concerns are the following: 1. No iron in the room 2. Noisy street 3. Most important, I was not allowed to take an apple wit me after breakfast and the waitress took it from me as I left. No sign mentioning that you aren't allowed to take fruits when you leave. . Land breakfast. Scrambled eggs were horrible.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Barcelona Diagonal? Share your experiences!