“Value for money” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #89 of 518 Hotels in Barcelona
Singapore
“Value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

We stayed in the hotel in late Dec 2012. When we checked in we were told by the person at the reception desk that Barcelona would be quiet before on New Year’s Eve, things shut down by afternoon and that we should be prepared etc. We were quite discouraged and even considered flying back to our home country earlier. However we later met with a very helpful staff at the reception (Mr Alvariez) who was very helpful in assisting us to explore the city and giving excellent tips on getting around Barcelona and restaurants.

The hotel is located near the Glories mall (a good place for shopping) and has some nice restaurants of different cuisines within walking distance. There is also a super market nearby. The tour bus pick up point is also near the Glories mall. We purchased tickets for the tour bus from the hotel. We also purchased tickets for the flamenco dance from the concierge.

It’s been less than 6 months since the hotel is part of the Sheraton group. As a result you can see the integration to the Sheraton standard happening slowly (almost there) .The breakfast is decent, though I wished they could have more local fare included. Housekeeping could improve - I found tangled hair on the hair dryer (ugh!) when we checked-in to the room and the bed would be made differently every day. Hope the hotel can pay more attention to such details.

But other than these, overall we had a good experience staying at the hotel, thanks to the polite and helpful staff.

If you are looking for being where the action is then Catalunya or La Ramblas is the place to be. However, if you are looking a quieter place, this hotel is a better option.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

This hotel is ideally located and has all basic amenities. It is no-frills which helps it keep an affordable rate. The staff is efficient and very sweet. We were there in Dec and Jan 2012. I would recommend to others too! One suggestion: The breakfast could have more variety everyday.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Agustin M, Director General at Four Points by Sheraton Barcelona Diagonal, responded to this review, January 18, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience with us!
Your feedback is more than useful and helps us to improve.
We hope to see you very soon again at Four Points by Sheraton Barcelona Diagonal.
Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights on our way back from Mallorca. Hotel has a definite mark for Sheraton's high standard. From professional, friendly and helpful staff to high standard living spaces. Hotel location is perfect for shopping -- Glories shopping mall is just across the street. Plenty of nice restaurant within walking distance. Private and secure parking is available. A short walk to Glories metro station. As starwood preferred gold member, we were given a room upgrade ??? -- second floor facing the street. The room was spacious, flat screen TV, working desk, clean, well equipped bathroom, huge super comfortable bed. But then again, huge-heavenly bed is Sheraton's standard. But because it was on the second floor facing the street, it was a little loud at night time. Nevertheless, it did not stop us from getting a goodnight sleep. We would have preferred to get a "real upgrade" to the upper floor with a nicer view -- but then again, we hardly stayed in the room . . .. so much to do and explore in Barcelona. Overall, we were very much satisfied with our stay and definitely recommend this hotel with high score.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments.
Our job is to provide you with the best experience and I hope next time we are able to offer a higher floor should we be able to.
Thank you for enjoying the new Four Points by Sheraton Barcelona Diagonal, we hope to see you soon again.
Blackburn, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

This a beautiful hotel ,so clean and friendly staff , you cannot fault this place , and close to glories station which u can get all over Barcelona ,would defo go bk

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your very kind feedback!
Your opinion is very important for us, and I will share this with the team.
We hope to see you soon in Barcelona again.
Best Regard,
Santiago,Chile
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

Situado a 30 minutos(+-) del puerto de Barcelona, excelente Hotel ubicado en un sector de edificios altos y modernos,, buenas acomodaciones, limpio, moderno, excelente servicio, buen desayuno. Muy recomendable.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Kennebunkport, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012 via mobile

We had a great stay; and were even allowed an early check in upon arrival- which made the stay even better. Staff was very helpful. Grocery store right across the street for snacks. Convenient for transportation. Very clean rooms.

• Stayed December 2011
We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at the hotel.
It is important for me and the team to receive feedback about our guest experiences, I will make sure to share with the team your positive experience and I wish to welcome you soon again at Four Points by Sheraton Barcelona Diagonal.
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

Stayed only 1 night, as I have also booked up with 2 other hotels for this holiday. This is the first time I have booked a Starwood hotel as most of my hotels stays are with the Holiday inn chain. However, I will certainly stay again as this was a very good start. I was allocated the top floor with a view to the sea. Very good as I think room on the Avenida Diagonal side would certainly have more noise, as this is a very busy street. The room size was OK , and the bed was fantastic. Possible one of the best bed I have ever slept inn. The Front desk was very good, and the breakfast which I ordered with my booking was OK.

There are 2 free computers in the basement , but only one of them was working. However, there was a one big problem on my night. I came down 8 pm to use the computer and it was occupied by a woman. I went back to my room and returned again 22.45 and the same woman was still sitting on the PC ! I asked her if she could finish as she had been using the PC for 3 hours and she told me: "5 minutes more ". I told her to get off the PC now , as I wanted to use it now . No reply. Then I asked her : Are you a guest of the hotel ? Well , she wasn´t !!. So she went , and I informed the reception that they need to check sometimes that the users are guest of the hotel. If not, people will come back and use it for free. I hope the hotel will look after this in the future.

The Poble Nou is very nice area and this hotel is located on the corner of Rambla de Poble Nou. A very nice street which has a great range of small shops and take you down to the beach in 15 minutes walk. Highly recommended to explore the area around this street on both sides.

I will certainly stay at this hotel again and I have no problem to recommend this hotel to my readers !

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a sea view if you need to sleep with the windows open as I do.