“Worn down, old towels, old box tv's and very inundated wifi - so access bad!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Tryp Barcelona Aeropuerto

Save Saved
You added Tryp Barcelona Aeropuerto to your Saves list
Tryp Barcelona Aeropuerto
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Parque De Negocios Mas Blau II | Prat de Llobregat, 08820 Barcelona, Spain   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #376 of 516 hotels in Barcelona
GreenLeadersBronze level
Darwin, Australia
“Worn down, old towels, old box tv's and very inundated wifi - so access bad!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

For someone that calls themselves a business hotel they need to lift there game. I specifically requested Internet in my booking as I needed to Skype work - well after changing rooms, moving to the lobby and pleading with Mgt to sort out the Internet - it finally got working but only after I wasted about 4 hours and missed a meeting back home. So pretty disappointed and won't stay again. Cheap and ordinary is the hotel. Ensuring high speed wifi is important and if the hotel is full you can't say that too many people are logged in. It's just not the answer ;(

• Stayed September 2013
TRYPBCNAeropuerto, Guest Experience Manager at Tryp Barcelona Aeropuerto, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are sorry that your perception has not been so positive this time and we would like to tell you that we work every day to maintain a spirit of teamwork and always offer a close treatment to all our travelers.
We want you to be happy with us and this is why we will keep on working in order to avoid any inconvenience for you. Thank you for having trust in our services and for sharing your experience so we are aware of your impressions!

520 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Prague, Czech Republic
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

This is exectly what one may need to spend a night after late arrival to Barcelona Aeroport.

That was our case: we landed after 10 pm, took free minibus provided by the hotel (could be found without problem) and after 7 min. drive were checking in. 5 min. later we were in their bar to enjoy local beer and sandwiches (simple, but good).

The room was basic, dated, but clean and roomy enough to accomodate three of us. The same story with bathroom: nothing special, but functioal.

Fairly good breakfast with a choice of eggs, meats, cheese, fruit and bread. Decent coffee.

After quick check out we took their minibus again to get to seaport (10 euro each, which makes sense if there are three or more of you, otherwise taxi could be cheaper).

So overall we spent 11 hours there including 9 hours of good sleep. It would be silly to pay double for a better hotel in the center for just one sleep. But of course if you prefer to enjoy a late night walk along Rambla or late dinner in a lovely restaurant, then you better stay away from aeroport area.

May be I should mention here that we have visited Barcelona many times before and have seen a lot already.

Room Tip: We stayed in Tryp room 132 - quiet one.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Your happiness is our greatest source of motivation, and makes us want to improve every day…for you.
We are delighted to have been chosen, so that you could spend your night in the city before your flight, but we want to be more than that and we will work so that you can rate us with a 5* TRYP experience!

Houston, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Plain and simple, just do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else even if you have to go to city center. You are wasting money and energy with the hotel staff.

Check in was SO tough for some reason and we were discussing breakfast for about 10 minutes and ended up just declining it even though it was included in my rate. Language barrier was not an issue at all but I think they enjoy making life harder for their guests for some reason.

Room had a weird odor as well as the bathroom. Walls were dirty with yellow water spots on the ceiling. You can see the duct from AC vent. The shower had a vent which turned my shower into a muddy bath because of water went into that mysterious vent.

Airport shuttle does not work on a set schedule as they claim so be careful and checkout earlier than what you plan or just take a cab to be safe.

Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else even you have to drive/cab to city center

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
TRYPBCNAeropuerto, Guest Experience Manager at Tryp Barcelona Aeropuerto, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

After reading your comments, we would mainly like to offer our most sincere apologies. This time we failed and it allows us to think over and prevent other travelers can have the same perception that you.
Please do not hesitate to contact me for anything you may need, we remain at your entire disposal.

Columbia, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

This place is a dump, not a 4 start hotel. It should have maybe 2?
The room smelled like mold, the furniture is old and damaged, mold in the bathroom, hair everywhere on the floor, filthy curtains. I don't even know where to start. It took us about 30 min and several wipes to at least clean the toilet bowl and light switches. DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!

The receptionist was rude, unshaved, didn't even say hello. There is not breakfast until 6.30 am and when I told him that this was an airport hotel and we would expect an early breakfast like at other airport hotels around the world, his reply was that I should feel lucky since most hotels in Spain wouldn't serve breakfast until 7 am anyway!!! So, we could not eat our pre-paid breakfast, but he would not give us a refund either. He did not care at all.

The other reviews are correct, this is a DUMP!!! Do not stay here!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

From our whole team we would like to apologize for all the inconveniences.
As we informed you after receiving your feedback via email, as an airport hotel, we take really into account guests who have an early flight; for this reason we every day offer all our guests a courtesy morning coffee corner with pastries and cookies from 4:30h am until 6:30h am, when it starts our breakfast buffet. We are sorry that this time you did not have the chance to enjoy it and we hope you can do it in a future stay.
Please note that, as a TRYP Hotel we follow very standardized cleaning processes and that, after reading your comments we have immediately revised them all to make sure they are being followed as usual.
Once again, thank you for giving us your useful feedback and we hope we have the chance to receive you back in a future stay.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I stayed in the TRYP Barcelona Aeropuerto Hotel for one night in July 2013. I was in Barcelona for a Jiu Jitsu polioce training seminar. The moment I stepped up to the front desk I was treated very poorly. The short female brunette haired clerk (I know her name, but will not say it in the review) was extremely rude and disrespectful. She rushed my registration and when I inquired about internet service to communicate with a local police agency she just got worse. I first asked if they had WiFi and her response was, "of course we do". I then asked what the password was and she said it's on the registration form. I asked where and she said on the back. I turned over my copy and asked again where (the print was very small) and she pointed to it with pen in hand and angrly said "right there". I was not very happy at this point. I am a paying costomer.

I then went to my room and the the reception for the WiFi (1 out of 5 bars) was terrible, so bad that I had to go outside of my room and sit on the stairs to get reception. This was unacceptable and called and told her my problem (she was the only female at the desk) and she said, "there are no more rooms available" and hung up. I called back and asked if I could get a Euro converter plug to charge my computer and she answered the phone again and said, "they are at the front desk", I asked if someone could bring one to the room and she said "NO and hung up. I went to the front desk and asked her why she was being so rude to me. She denied being rude and I told her what she was saying and doing to me and she denied it. At this point, even if she did not think she did anything wrong, she would at least say, "I am sorry you feel this way, I hope your stay will be better" or something more then just walk away from me.

While standing at the desk a spanish speaking customer came to the counter and the desk female was as nice as nice could be. At this juncture, I asked if she had issues with Americans and she gave me a dirty look and said nothing. I am fluent in Spanish, but do not like using it to rude people, so that I may overhear anything negative they may say about me. She cursed me under her breath in Spanish and just ignored me at this point.

Later in the evening I ordered a meal and the blonde female that delivered it was just as sweet and professional as it gets. I tipped her well and she thanked me and asked if I needed anything else to call room service. Maybe hotel management should very seriouly think about switching these two females around and let the very professional and courteous food services female work the front desk and that would eliminate the rude female.

The next morning as I checked out a short male checked me out. I came up to the counter and he said nothing to me. I said I am checking out and he turned around and printed up my final receipt and gave it to me without saying a word. I then left for my training with local Spain Police officers. My second night I stayed at a police officer's home with his family and they treated me very well! The rest of my stay in Barcelona was great and I was treated very well by Spainards. I told my Spainish friends of how rude I was treated by the Barcelona Aeropuerto Hotel front desk personnel and they told me that was not the first time they have heard this about this hotel.

I would highly recommed Americans stay clear of the Barcelona Aeropuerto as it's very evident the front desk personal are not trained in customer service, human resources, or common courtosy. Room service and the restaurant personnel are awesome, but do not expect to be treated well by front desk personnel. I see this in many other complaints and it is very obvious that the hotel management does not care and will not correct it. Of course, the hotel manager will respond, but we all know it will be a generic response saying he/she will speak with them or let them know of the complaint. To bad Barcelona Aeropuerto, you lose, I will never stayed at your hotel again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for taking the time to leave your comments after your stay.
We are really sorry to know that you did not receive the service you expected and that your perception in regards to the service offered by a member of our front desk staff was not positive. Please note that both the Hotel TRYP Barcelona Aeropuerto and all members of our staff are so glad to deal and meet people from all over the world, no matter where they are.
We have also read your expectations in regards to our answer; for us, giving feedback to you and letting all our guests know we are aware of your comments is part of our day to day work. You are our reason of being and, as you will see, all our responses are 100% personalized and based on each specific comment. Without any doubt measures are taken in order to improve.
If you wish, we will really appreciate if you can contact us directly so we can personally get to know and resolve any issue occurred during your stay. That would be so useful for us and an absolute opportunity to improve.
Thank you also for your kind comments in regards to our Room Service staff, which we also take into account and really appreciate.
Please note we remain at your entire disposal for anything you may need and it will be a real pleasure for us to welcome you back at the Hotel TRYP Barcelona Aeropuerto.

Paris, France
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Is it that hard to make a first impression that bad??? No valet parking, no one to help me with luggage, someone at the reception not even friendly (nor did she speak anything else but Spanish... at an airport hotel!!!) and the restaurant is BAD... Really dull.
I also saw on the website that they had breakfast starting at 4:30... Well at 5:30 just some coffee on a table with couple cookies and I am not exaggerating!
The positive: the room was clean and the waitresses in the restaurant were trying to be nice. Period. I am a Melia card member... And never will I ever stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
TRYPBCNAeropuerto, Guest Experience Manager at Tryp Barcelona Aeropuerto, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are sorry for your unfortunate impression after your stay with us.
We have gone through each point you mention in order to avoid anything similar to happen again and we would like to inform you and provide you with deserved explanations in regards to what possibly made you misunderstand some information.
We are surprised for your comments about our Front Desk staff since all the members of our Front Desk speak perfect English and we even have the pleasure to count on native people working with us.
In regards to the breakfast, as you mention we offer a courtesy breakfast for early departures which is a gesture from the TRYP Barcelona Aeropuerto for offering something to eat and drink before their trip. Afterwards, from 7:00 we offer a complete buffet with hot and cold dishes, fruit, pastries…and all you can imagine. Breakfast is one of the most well valued points of our Hotel!
At this point, we hope we have a second chance in order to share with you a great TRYP experience; thank you also for your kind comments about service and room, we really appreciate it!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

This was a horrible 4 star hotel. The rooms were dirty, paint chipping off walls and smelly bathrooms. Service was extremely poor and a total disappointment. The buffet was horrible and a complete waste of $25 euros! There is however, no where else to eat. The furniture is outdated in the whole hotel! In a nutshell this place was horrible and a complete waste of money. The Internet service was also terrible since it rarely worked. Stay away go to any other hotel!!!

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write on your comments after your stay.
First of all please let us apologize since your experience with us did not meet your expectations. Please note we have already shared your comments with our Housekeeping, Chef and F&B Managers, as well as with the teams but what really concerns us are your words in regards to our service. Our main goal is to offer positive experiences to our guests and a professional and pleasant service is basic for us.
We will definitely keep on working in order to improve on our day to day service and please note we remain at your entire disposal.

Guest Experience Manager

Been to Tryp Barcelona Aeropuerto? Share your experiences!