“Overnight in Barcelona Spain” 3 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Tryp Barcelona Aeropuerto to your Saves list
Booking.com Expedia.com
Tryp Barcelona Aeropuerto
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Parque De Negocios Mas Blau II | Prat de Llobregat, 08820 Barcelona, Spain   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #383 of 520 hotels in Barcelona
Leesburg, Florida
“Overnight in Barcelona Spain”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

TYRP Aeropuerto was chosen for our overnight stay in Barcelona because of its proximity to the airport. We travel with 2 mobility scooters and were advised by agent (Hotels.com) that we would be close enough to travel to the airport terminal on our own. (That turned out to be incorrect. It is approximately 10 minutes by vehicle from Terminal 1. We had to make special arrangements with an excellent service that provides transport for disabled.)Regarding the hotel: The facility is located in a business industrial park and appears to cater to business travelers doing business in the local area. The hotel does provide a shuttle service to the airport. The facilities are very clean , both in public areas and the rooms themselves. The rooms are rather stark and offer little in the way of amenities. No toiletries in the bathroom, a small analog type color TV sitting on a plastic stool, bare floors, and absolutely minimal storage space. It was obvious that the rooms were intended strictly for quicky overnight use. That being said, the bed was comfortable and the room was spotless. We did have a problem with the Airconditioning but fortunately the room had a very large window that opened, and let the cool spring night air in. (Summer travelers may not be so lucky) Traveler should be aware that all electrical service in the rooms was European style plugs and adapters are required to use any electrical appliance. The service was unmarked so it is unknown if there was 110V available at all. The restaurant was large and roomy, the service was quite good, and the food was reasonably good. (Equivalent to airport food bars) There was a small bar and sitting area separate from the restaurant facility. Overall assessment is this would be a reasonable choice if one was positioning themselves for an early morning flight or getting into Barcelona late in the evening. Otherwise it is not a wise choice for tourists, but a good choice for the business traveler.

Room Tip: Request a room at the upper levels so you can open the window without concern for intruders.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
TRYPBCNAeropuerto, Guest Experience Manager at Tryp Barcelona Aeropuerto, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for transmitting us your comments after your stay.
We can see your experience has been average/positive drawing from how you rate our hotel and service; we really hope we have the chance to receive you back soon and make it a 5**** experience! Please do not hesitate to contact us personally and we will make the most of your stay!

489 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Vadodara, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

The Rooms are very okay but have the advantage of being a stone's throw from the Airport with a complimentary pick up and drop off. There was a good breakfast available at 6.30 am. The checjk out was smooth with no hiccups.There was a minor problem of traffic noises from the highway which is just pararell to the hotel sometimes at night.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
TRYPBCNAeropuerto, Guest Experience Manager at Tryp Barcelona Aeropuerto, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience after your stay with us!
We are happy that we had the chance to have you staying with us and that you enjoyed our rooms and breakfast! TRYP loves you and TRYP wants to have you back!

Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

was a good hotel for our short tryp! also for next time! the staff was very helpfull and we had a late check out without any problems!
For a short tryp it is a nice hotel in the near from the airport Barcelonaè Thanks! best regards

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

Dear Guest,

Thank YOU for such a great feedback! We will definitely keep on working so that next time you visit us we share an even greater experience!

RTP54
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Not under any circumstances a 4 star hotel. No toiletries in the room. Noisy. AC barely worked and this was on a cloudy day, would hate to stay on a hot Barcelona night. Very old box TV. Shower temperature poorly controlled- either very hot or very cold. Reception was not very helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I was a little concerned after having read the reviews but I have absolutely no faults with our stay. I stayed here with my husband and two young children in April because we had a 6 am flight our of Barcelona. The staff was very helpful at check in and helped us to reserve a 3:30 am shuttle. The room was spotless and the king sized bed and pillows were very comfortable. My kids loved the bunk beds. There was some minor noise from the nearby roads but it was not bothersome. There was a separate hallway door that blocked noise from the corridor. We received an appropriate wake up call and the shuttle left right on time and got us to the hotel in less than 5 minutes. I cannot comment on the restaurant because we did not eat there but I was very glad that we stayed so close to the airport rather than in the city on the night before our flight.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I have now stayed at this hotel on a total of 6 business trips to Barcelona. I have never written a hotel review but felt I had to for this one to warn other travelers. This hotel is in a word, a disgrace. My standards for these trips are not high. I simply want to be close to the airport for my morning flight, able to get a decent dinner in the hotel, shower and sleep.

When I arrive every time, the heat is on in the room for some reason and it's blasting hot inside. Open the windows and you can't even hold a phone conversation due to the street noise. This trip there wer about a half dozen tiny hairs (I won't say what they looked like) on the sheets and one on the pillow.

The bathroom wreaks of urine, likely due to the unmaintained bidet that looks and smells like it hasn't been cleaned, like, ever. I might be able to ignore it if it were not in my face right in front of the toilet while sitting there. The shower is dirty every time, the yellowed shower curtains have brown moldy edges.

The pillows are soft, they have that going for them! But this time my bed (a twin size) had a big spring sticking up in the middle--seriously? I tried to sleep on the side of it.

Then there's the restaurant, if you can call it that. They obviously know they are the only gig in town. You can't walk anywhere for a meal so you're stuck. I have seen now at least 10 meals at this place and every time my colleagues and I can't even eat more than a few bites. Tonight we were served mojitos that were brown (I drink a lot of mojitos and have never seen a brown one) with brown limes and mint in the bottom. The "Club Sandwich" was made with ham and mystery meat (not bacon), perhaps some sort of spam. Do they think we won't notice? The shrimp was old and hard and dry.

Anyway, I strongly recommend staying in the city of Barcelona and just getting a cab to the airport. This is just bad bad bad. Hopefully this is my first and last ever negative hotel review!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I m currently staying in this terrible Hotel!!!
The weather is so hot and the staff mentioned that there is no air-conditioning in all the rooms!The staff suggested opening the window but My room is facing the expressway which is very noisy! And the sun is shining directly into my room.
I requested for a fan but is not available.
They try to to give me a different room but is equally as bad!
I suggest NOT staying in this hotel

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Tryp Barcelona Aeropuerto? Share your experiences!