TYRP Aeropuerto was chosen for our overnight stay in Barcelona because of its proximity to the airport. We travel with 2 mobility scooters and were advised by agent (Hotels.com) that we would be close enough to travel to the airport terminal on our own. (That turned out to be incorrect. It is approximately 10 minutes by vehicle from Terminal 1. We had to make special arrangements with an excellent service that provides transport for disabled.)Regarding the hotel: The facility is located in a business industrial park and appears to cater to business travelers doing business in the local area. The hotel does provide a shuttle service to the airport. The facilities are very clean , both in public areas and the rooms themselves. The rooms are rather stark and offer little in the way of amenities. No toiletries in the bathroom, a small analog type color TV sitting on a plastic stool, bare floors, and absolutely minimal storage space. It was obvious that the rooms were intended strictly for quicky overnight use. That being said, the bed was comfortable and the room was spotless. We did have a problem with the Airconditioning but fortunately the room had a very large window that opened, and let the cool spring night air in. (Summer travelers may not be so lucky) Traveler should be aware that all electrical service in the rooms was European style plugs and adapters are required to use any electrical appliance. The service was unmarked so it is unknown if there was 110V available at all. The restaurant was large and roomy, the service was quite good, and the food was reasonably good. (Equivalent to airport food bars) There was a small bar and sitting area separate from the restaurant facility. Overall assessment is this would be a reasonable choice if one was positioning themselves for an early morning flight or getting into Barcelona late in the evening. Otherwise it is not a wise choice for tourists, but a good choice for the business traveler.
- Also Known As:
- Tryp Barcelona Aeropuerto Hotel Barcelona
- Tryp Barcelona Aeropuerto Hotel
- Sol Melia Barcelona
- Sol Melia Barcelona Aeropuerto
- Tryp Barcelona Aeropuerto Catalonia
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Melia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Tingo, EasyToBook, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Tryp Barcelona Aeropuerto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.