We were satisfied with the hotel even though it was not a 4-star as stated.
This is what I liked about the hotel:
- In the middle of the main street in Barcelona. Sure, La Rambla is not a street you want to linger around on during your stay, it is a connector to everything though. A second from the old city (loved it!), a few minutes from the beach, subway and busses right outside the window, within walking distance from the airport busses, a minute from a couple of great markets, etc. In short, the location is perfect.
- Comfortable bed.
- Great shower
- No noise in the room even though we faced the busy La Rambla street.
So, why only a 3+ rating from me?
Well, to be a 4-star hotel, this is what Eurostar lacked:
- Clean enough but my pillow was stained, so was one of my towels. The walls were a bit dirty.
- We didn't get any shampoo at all. We got two small hotel bottles of shower gel. We used one of the bottles the first day, it wasn't replaced with a new one. We used the second one the 2:nd day, this one wasn't replaced either. We stayed for 4 nights without the hotel offering any shampoo or additional shower gel like in any other hotel I've ever been to. Instead of making a fuss, we bought our own shampoo from the supermarket next door.
- In fact, nothing that we used was replaced at all...
- The room didn't have a water heater so you weren't able to make a cup of coffee in the morning.
- Clothing Iron was not available in the room
We didn't have breakfast at the hotel so can't say anything about that.
Overall, ok hotel although I will probably never stay there again. Felt a little bit like I was in a good hostel.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.