“Best time” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #176 of 716 Nightlife in Barcelona
Type: Bar/ Clubs, Bars
Activities: Nightlife, Dancing
More attraction details
Owner description: This velvet-covered music hall houses lots of concerts.
New York City, New York
“Best time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2010

Reading other reviews I have to agree that it can be hard to get in. Me and my friend (two girls) went there on saturday night not knowing what a big deal this place is with the locals. We speak zero spanish and met some resistance from the bouncer but a little bat of eyelash and a little smile here and there didn't make the process difficult at all. In fact the bouncer didn't even charge us any cover. The place had a live band and they played a lot of old 80s 90s american music but then around two the DJ played a lot of hip hop dance music. The place was packed. LOT of people. We stayed until 4 which is when the party really was getting started. Would definitely recommend a visit. Try going early 12 AM - 1AM which is when there are not too many people in the line and it will be easier to get in.

Eddie
“Bad place!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2009

They are just " arrogant" Luz de Gaz pretend and try to be to be something with they are NOT!!!!
There is a lot of great places to go in Barcelona and and definitely I would advice you to try somewhere else.

Washington DC
“Did Not Let Me In”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2008

I showed up at 1 am on Saturday in November with a friend. We're both mid twenties guys, we were well dressed, and my friend speaks broken Spanish. However, we were told we needed an "invitation," and rudely swept aside. It seemed to me that the bouncers were rejecting people who didn't speak Spanish very well. Who else they were rejecting and why, I don't know. Seemed somewhat arbitrary.

Do not count on this place.

Barcelona, Spain
“Don't even bother”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2008

I've been in Luz de Gas several times because it is where my company celebrates some of its events. However, when I've tried to go there with my friends, the two security guards at the door have been extremely rude with us not letting us in since it is, supposedly, a 'private club'. Well, I can tell you that it is not. They just choose randomly who they let in, using their stupid micropower. Don't bother, there's million of other places with best music, best crowd and, above all, best security guard's attitude.
I'm posting the pic of one of the rude guys. He should not be there if Luz de Gas wants some respect.

San Jose
“Not worth the taxi fare.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2006

We were told that Luz de gas was the best club in Barcelona. we went to see Monica Green. The club was absolutely dead and the bouncers had attitudes with made up stories about needing invitations to get in and such. Maybe this place used to be good, but now it is very dissapointing. Don't waste your time or money.