“Exceptional Entertaintament” 5 of 5 stars

Book a Tour
Ranked #116 of 546 Activities in Barcelona
Type: Historic Sites, Theaters, Performances
More attraction details
Owner description: The Tablao de Carmen pays tribute to the great flamenco dancer, Carmen Amaya, born in 1913 in the gypsy quarter of Somorrostro which then existed in what is today Barcelona's Olympic Village. Carmen Amaya made her debut in 1929 before King Alfonso XII on the site which is today the Tablao de Carmen at the inauguration of Poble Espanyol de Montjuic.
Austin, Texas
8 attraction reviews
“Exceptional Entertaintament”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I loved the cozy atmosphere and the dancers were splendid. The staff was very gracious too. I would totally recommend for a first time visitor to Barcelona.

Visited July 2013

• Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cleveland, Ohio
“Great Flamenco Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

We were in Barcelona for four nights and are glad we had the opportunity to visit Tablao De Carmen. We strategically chose to go on a Thursday night so we could also see the Magic Fountains, which was less than a 5 minute walk away. (Fountains are Thursday - Saturday or Sunday only). The highlight for me was all the cute shops in the village - I would definitely recommend arriving early to walk around. Lots of local artists and craftsmen for a wonderful variety of gifts to remember your trip to Barcelona. The flamenco show was very entertaining. We did the tapas, which was plenty of food and OK tasting. For me it was a good value for the price, I am glad we did not get the dinner. Plenty of sangria too!

Twentynine Palms, California
“The show was great, but the food was so so.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Place is easy to find, it is about 10-15 minutes walk from metro station. Place is located in Spanish village so with reservation you will get free entry to the village. Be aware - there are lots of Russian tourists (I am Russian so i felt Okay). Show is good and lasts about 1.15 minutes. Food was just okay... I think i overpaid. i prepaid for menu 'Carmen". in Appetizer portion, egg plant was too sweet and my parents didn't like main dish (they ordered steak, it was overdone with no flavors). Money i paid for dinner and show was too much... I would def recommend to go to that place but order from the menu. Cold cuts are yummy.

Visited September 2013

Malta
4 attraction reviews
“nice spanish evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I visited El Tablao de Carmen and had tapas. The food wasn't so great, but the show was good. I would recommend it to anyone who goes to Barcelona. The location isn't hard to find either. We had a lovely night.

Kanpur, India
15 attraction reviews
“Mind Blowing!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

What a dance, what energy and what excitement, Worth a visit and the money. Food however may not be of everybody's taste. It wasnt of ours.