“So emotional” 5 of 5 stars
Review of El Tablao de Carmen

El Tablao de Carmen
Avenida Francesc Ferrer i Guardia, 13, 08038 Barcelona, Spain (Montjuic)
00-34-933256895
Website
Improve this listing
Book ahead on Expedia
Book Now
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: The Tablao de Carmen pays tribute to the great flamenco dancer, Carmen Amaya, born in 1913 in the gypsy quarter of Somorrostro which then existed in what is today Barcelona's Olympic Village. Carmen Amaya made her debut in 1929 before King Alfonso XII on the site which is today the Tablao de Carmen at the inauguration of Poble Espanyol de Montjuic.
Sochi, Krasnodar, Russia
14 attraction reviews
“So emotional”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We moved for two days from Ibiza just to see that show. It was a bit touristic. Like if You in kove with flamenco we may not be that much impressed as you can be in madrid or barsa shows. But still the artist are real proffesional. It worth seeing. Not may be very special to fly from an island, but if you are in Barsa, come and see it. There are some funny moments there. And do not be afraid of the queue at the enterance, they won't start without you))

• Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Great evening! Tapas, sangria and Flamenco!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

What a great evening! Booked it for our family and had a great experience. The show itself was superb, the food was good and so was the service. Also a great way of discovering that part of Barcelona, El Peublo Espagnol! Highly recommend it!

Basel, Switzerland
75 attraction reviews
“Flamenco Show + Tapas + Sangria = Perfect Evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

The entry to Poble Espanyol, dinner inclusive of the Sangria and the Flamenco show costed us 49 Euros per person. Initially I felt it was overpriced, but the experience was well worth the money.

To complete the Spanish experience, what else do you need, a walk through a quite and not at all crowded Spanish village setup, good Tapas, a pitcher full of Sangria, a light dinner and a passionate Flamenco performance.

I suggest you skip one of the museums and spend more time here, it will be well worth it.
It is easily reachable by Bus, from 'Espanya' Metro station.
They have a vegetarian meal option as well..which was quite good except I didn't quite enjoy the aubergine dish, which was good but little too sweet for me.I didn't like the dessert that they served either. Tapas was good, specially the cheese poppers..yummy.

My suggestions:
1. If trying to reach there using Public transport, Reach Espanya Metro station, Come out of Espanya Metro Station, Stand at the Bus, where when you wait for the bus you will have the Palace on your right and the huge fountain on your left, and another museum in front.
2. Try getting a table from where you get a good view of the stage.
3. Check the prices online and book if you get some discount. There was no rush there when we went so I think you can buy tickets even there.

Yarm, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Lovely evening, fantastic dancing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We booked this despite comments from others that it was not authentic flamenco but a sort of 'lite' version aimed at tourists and we were very pleased that we did. The dancing was amazing, just great. I don't see how it could have been better. I loved it so much I bought the DVD! We had the tapas menu which was delicious and generous amounts. There was a choice of drinks, I had sangria and my glass was refilled more than once. Service was speedy and efficient.

We also enjoyed looking round the Spanish village before the show, as free entry is included with the ticket price. We arrived early and got the audioguides and found it very interesting, although we didn't have time to go right round - it would probably take a couple of hours if you are also popping into the shops as we were!
A great evening and real value for money.

Toronto, Canada
7 attraction reviews
“A passionate spanish dance show”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

If you have never seen a Flamingo Dance show then you should definetely see this. It is a 1 h show with 3 female and 1 male dancer (he is the best of all), one guitarist and 4 singers. The show is interesting and the sangria is great but the waiters are not very attentive with the clients (I found this in all places in Spain). It is great to see it once but that would be sufficient. I think it is a bit pricey too.

Visited August 2013

Review collected in partnership with this attraction