Spent 1 night here, as it's really close to Nou Camp, which was the reason for staying. It's a grand hotel but needs modernising..... Key fob to room finally worked after 20 attempts, antiquated bathroom had a ghastly shower curtain that got sucked into the shower area when used. I'm sure using the bath would have been fine. Bed & pillows ok.
Friendly staff throughout, good restaurant/bar on the ground floor, also great breakfast spread in a vast room 2 floors below reception (once I found it, as I couldn't see any signs... )
Added bonus - Barcelona football team walked through heading for lunch there before their game - I guess that's a good advertisement for the cuisine ?!
Perfect location for Nou Camp - that's it's claim to fame
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The first 5* hotel in the city, this emblematic luxury retreat forms part of the history of Barcelona and bristles with tales around national and international royalty and important figures from the world of politics, culture and entertainment who have been amongst its guests. Perfectly located on the famous Avinguda Diagonal - in the noble financial district of the city - it is only a 5 minute walk away from Camp Nou football stadium, home of the legendary FC Barcelona, and a mere 12km from the airport. Its 500 timelessly elegant rooms are all exterior-facing and offer - from the 9th floor up - magnificent panoramic views of the Catalan capital. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, T4B, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Agoda, BookIt.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotel.de, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Gran Hotel Princesa Sofia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelona Princesa Sofia
- Princess Sofia Barcelona
- Princess Sofia Hotel Barcelona
- Gran Hotel Princesa Sofia Barcelona, Catalonia