We have been frequent visitors to Barcelona over the past 18 months, and keep coming back to the Gran Hotel Princesa Sofia as we have been extremely happy with the service, accommodation and every aspect of our stay here. We always choose a Club room (on floors 16 or 17). The standard club rooms are the same as non-club, but the upgrade to 'Club' gives you access to the Club Lounge on the 18th floor, and other benefits. The Club lounge has its own reception (so much quicker and easier check-in and out) and there is always a good range of snacks and alcoholic / non-alcoholic drinks on offer throughout the day and evening, so it’s perfect for relaxing in between sightseeing etc. Club guests also get unlimited access to the pool and gym (and a complimentary massage, should you want it). For the extra cost of the upgrade the benefits are definitely worth it. The Club concierge team are always so friendly and helpful and have always really gone out of their way to make each of our visits extra special. Really outstanding service.
The rooms themselves are fairly compact but comfortable (very large and comfy bed, lovely bathroom, huge squashy towels etc.) The hotel is in the financial district of the city (also shopping district) but only a few minutes walk of the metro, bus stops, and taxi rank right outside, so very easy to get around. (It is just around the corner from the Nou Camp stadium, so the transport links are very good).
On our first visit to Barcelona we stayed in a hotel far more centrally located (just off La Rambla), which was walkable to many sights, but very noisy, so we much prefer the location of the Gran Hotel Princesa Sofia. It is about a 25 min taxi ride from the airport (which usually costs about 25 Euros for 2 of us with one suitcase, but it appears to depend on how much luggage you have, as well as how many passengers).
We love this hotel and will definitely be staying again on our next visit to Barcelona.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelona Princesa Sofia
- Princess Sofia Barcelona
- Hotel Princesa Sofia
- Princess Sofia Hotel Barcelona
- Princesa Sofia Hotel
- Gran Hotel Princesa Sofia Barcelona, Catalonia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its 500 guest rooms, including the exclusive and private The Club, the Princesa Sofia is the largest hotel in Barcelona. Located in the heart of the most exclusive residential, financial and shopping district of the city, it will offer you an unforgettable experience, whether you are coming to spend a romantic weekend in Barcelona or looking for a quiet business hotel. Club Rooms are located on the top floors and provide breathtaking city views. Guests could enjoy the Mediterranean gastronomy in the Restaurant Contraste and enhance their day attaining relaxation and corporal balance in our Aqua Diagonal Wellness Centre. With an area of 2000sqm consisting of a swimming pool, sauna, jacuzzi, supervised classes, beauty treatments, hairdressing service, nutritionist restaurant and much more, our guests can pamper themselves experiencing the feeling of well-being through the harmony between body, mind and soul. Free high speed WIFI in rooms and public areas (for hotel guests). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, T4B, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Gran Hotel Princesa Sofia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.