We stayed at the hotel for 5 nights to experience Barcelona. It's based in a complex containing the World Trade Centre that extends into the harbour. It's position means that rooms either have panoramic views of the city and part of the harbour or face internally into a courtyard overlooking the World Trade Centre offices. We opted for a Premier Room which was on the 5th floor (506) which had fantastic city views. Previous reviewers have mentioned noise from visiting ships etc and yes the Balearic car ferries dock alongside the complex. You notice a little low rumbling noise from them but its hardly intrusive and they all departed by late evening. There is also a historic cable car that runs high above the hotel and the gantry support for this is immediately in front of the hotel. It will be seen from all rooms that face the city but it didn't bother us and is just part of the scene. The bedroom was spacious with a very comfortable king sized bed and well equipped bathroom with bath and separate shower. We would have liked to have had bath robes and tea/coffee facilities in the room but otherwise it was perfect.
The public rooms lack atmosphere but the service in the bar area and at breakfast was good. Quality of food was also excellent although expensive.
The open top tour buses stop just outside the hotel but otherwise its a 10 minute walk to the Metro and Las Ramblas. We liked this as it meant that at night we were away from the 'action' so could sleep easily but were still close enough that good restaurants/bars etc were in walking distance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Mediterranean surrounding, Avant-garde Art and a soft sea Breeze envelope the privileged facilities at the Eurostars Grand Marina Hotel ***** GL. It is located in the World Trade Centre – leisure and business Complex in the middle of Barcelona's Old Harbour. The colourful Ramblas street and the magic of the Gothic Quarter make the perfect match for a unique feeling which is to be experienced from any of the eight floors of our magnificent Hotel. Both businessmen & women and leisure tourists will find in the Eurostars Grand Marina Hotel a wonderful place to enjoy a perfect stay, surrounded by every possible amenity and comfort. An excellent communications network that connects the Hotel to the Old Town and to the Financial District simply adds that little extra to a truly luxurious offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook and Tingo so you can book your Eurostars Grand Marina Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eurostars Grand Marina Barcelona
- Hotel Eurostars Grand Marina
- Eurostars Grand Marina Hotel Barcelona, Catalonia