We had a Twin/Double room. Quite small but enough for us. Usually there are no balconies in city hotels but here we had a small one - enough for couple of chairs. No small fridge (too bad!) so we put our drinks to the balcony. The bathroom was very nice and clean and had even a space-age shower. I'm not keen on tubs but for some curious reason they prefer those in some countries. A tray with walls would be much better and safer to be.
The room was quiet enough.
Breakfast was standard and same in every morning. Enough for me though.
The location is excellent. Just a few minutes to Rambla and the metro-station is just there too.
Only thing that was disturbing is the centrally regulated room-temperature. When we went there it was 19 degrees inside so we phoned to get more heat. Next day when we came to the room it was again 19. A phonecall again. And next day again. So I went to reception as a bit angry. They said they have to reset the system every day and after that the temperature goes to "normal" for every room. After this we didn't have to complain again. I suppose they had a small paper to remind them of keeping our room stable! MUCH better system would allow every guest to regulate their own room temperature. Of course they could always reset the room temp after guests have check-out. People are different and are satisfied in different temperatures. Also the nighttime temp is many times more convenient if it is lower.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Principal is situated in the centre of Barcelona’s Old Town, just 200 metres from Las Ramblas. It features a rooftop terrace, 24-hour reception and free Wi-Fi access throughout. The Principal offers simple, attractive décor throughout and rooms are spacious. Each has air conditioning, a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, as well as tea and coffee making facilities. The hotel serves a daily, buffet breakfast. There are several bars, cafés and restaurants within walking distance of the Principal. Guests can make use of computers with internet access, available in the hotel reception. Staff at the tour desk can provide information on Barcelona’s tourist attractions and arrange car rental. The Principal is 10 minutes’ walk from Barcelona Cathedral and the city’s Gothic Quarter. The Old Port is around 700 metres from the hotel, whilst Liceu Metro is a 5-minute walk awa ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, HostelBookers, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Principal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Principal Hotel Barcelona
- Hotel Principal Barcelona, Catalonia