I stayed here over 5 years ago but then found that somehow Trip Advisor had saved this in my places somehow. I looked but didn't see a review posted from me so I thought I would write a quick one, although some things may have obviously changed.
When I stayed here in 2007 I was on a very tight budget but wanted my own room. Location was key, and in that regard this place was perfect.
Hosteria Grau is A FEW BLOCKS AWAY FROM THE GOVT RUN TOURIST BUSES THAT ALLOW YOU TO HOP ON/HOP OFF. This is a must for people visiting, particularly for people on shorter stays as there is so much to see and do in Barcelona. Barcelona is huge, but I found this to be very central. I hardly ever used a taxi and got a great overview of the city in 2 full days. I only slept, bathed and used the internet here, but I love my stay. Everything was as promised and while I had no en-suite bathroom, things were tidy and worked out fine. Honestly, even with a larger budget now, I would strongly consider staying here again...but I would budge 3-5 days minimum.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a family eco-chic hotel located in the center of Barcelona, only 2min walking distance from Las Ramblas. We have a "green" philosophy and we are just about to Get the gold Leed Certifation(Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Green Building Rating System ). Decoration is fresh, mostly white with eco products and natural furniture. Our beds are organic and hand made beds "Naturalmat and Coco-mat". Reception opened 24hrs and freen internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Despegar.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Hostal Grau reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hosteria Grau Hotel Barcelona
- Hostal Grau Barcelona, Catalonia