“Excellent food & fantastic service” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Pub
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Barcelona, España
“Excellent food & fantastic service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We went to this restaurant for the second time and were not disappointed. Here they serve real Italian food with a smile. Every plate is finger licking delicious & there are not many places in Barcelona where they treat you so well. And if you like ice cream, do try their artesanal vanilla ice cream.

• Visited June 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic selection and excellent friendly staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

This is a real authentic Italian boutique styled restaurant. It offers a fantastic range of real Italian meals. If you're ever in Barcelona... Don't leave until you've tried the food at SNB.

• Visited June 2013
SALERNO
“I'm lovin it.....!!! :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

I use to eat in this small restaurant every time I go to Barcelona. I m italian but I m writing in english because I dont like at all what Mr Stevejnb wrote. 1) the lunch time menu is what we eat in Italy at lunch time (for 10€ you can t eat entrecot)
2) right de restaurant is small but in a small or in a big restaurant you don t always feel like home
3) the chef name is Beppe (Giuseppe I think) and he is more italian that me!!!

Well sorry but I like this restaurant and I hope to go back soon.
P.s.:
Brownie is not italian!!! Try tiramisu or cannolo. I love it!!!

• Visited April 2013
Sitges, Spain
“Nice, but only really average for the city”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We were drawn to this place because it's really close to our apartment, and at the time of reading was rated No.2 in Tripadvisor, above Con Gracia, which just so happens to be a favorite of mine. So a restaurant in the residential area of Les Corts, and better than Con Gracia? This just had to be reviewed.
It's a very small restaurant. There's only 10 tables. Previous visitors have raved over the attention of the hosts. It's true they are very hospitable...but then there's only 10 tables. It's difficult not to be hospitable.
We went here for lunch - the menu del día. It was nice enough, and as there was only one other table at the time of eating, we got served pretty quickly. In fact lunch was over in a record breaking 35 minutes. It says it's an Italian restaurant. Lunch isn't much different from other places, and not particularly Italian. The carte did have a better selection of Italian dishes and perhaps somewhere to go for dinner. That said the pasta was very good. Clearly a specialty of the chef...who didn't seem too Italian to me....but what does a guiri know?
Desert was chocolate brownie, for which I have a weakness, but alas it was more chocolate cake with a squirt of cream from a can. For 13€ per person, it's not expensive, but then lunch never is if you go with menu del día. I guess I was expecting more given the rating in Tripadvisor (which has this morning dropped back to 11th). I get how people don't dislike this place, but I can't see how they rave over it to the extent of the ratings....but each to their own.
We might try dinner here but on par I think there are plenty of other places equally as good if not better in the area, and I can't see us making a journey to go here. But if you're on your way back from Camp Nou and you want to have a break from Catalan food, why not Italian.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Outstanding service, good food at a reasonable price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

What defines a good dinner: maybe a nice place, or an outstanding service followed by a good food. I cannot say SNB is a posh place; it is a small restaurant with 10 tables and a simple decoration. Although a little bit disappointed at the beginning, suddenly we started to realize that the place was not exactly the responsible for the best gastronomics experiences in our lives. Honestly, the service and the good food of SNB are difficult to beat, as you feel like in your home with friends.
Allow yourself to talk with the chef, a friend guy with huge international experience to share. And the lady that is more than happy to share the recipe of tiramissu. All in all, we only need people and good food.