“Outstanding Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Montecarlo Barcelona

Save Saved
You added Hotel Montecarlo Barcelona to your Saves list
Hotel Montecarlo Barcelona
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   La Rambla, 124, 08002 Barcelona, Spain (El Barri Gòtic)   |
Special Price
15% off room rate
Ranked #11 of 516 hotels in Barcelona
Arlington, VA
“Outstanding Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2009

Normally when I'm in Barcelona I stay in the the Exiample but on this most recent occasion I decided to try the Montecarlo based on the consistently good reviews on TA.

let me say that I am one of those people who does NOT have any difficulty staying near or on Las Ramblas because I figure that it is, like Sagrada Familia, a real PART of Barcelona.

The Montecarlo was in a word, outstanding. I arrived early after an overnight rail trip from Zurich and not only was the room ready but I had also been upgraded to the junior suite on the first floor and that "room" is absolutely wonderful.

Nicely furnished with an outside enclosed patio area; HUGE bath with separate power shower which can also be used as a sauna as well as a jetted separate tub.

Immaculate housekeeping throughout and absolutely no sound whatsoever from the swirl of humanity on Las Ramblas itself.

The location is right in the middle of that action and the hotel is directly across the street from the LeMeridien.

The hotel staff were excellent and extremely helpful from getting an early cab to the airport for me to answering questions about local events, etc.

I thought the breakfast including the hot offerings were worth the money (I had pre-paid and taken the discount).

I've definitely found a new hotel for my next Barcelona stay.

Absolutely recommended.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo

1,542 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Korean first
glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2009

really great hotel serivce the staff could not have been more helpful, rooms were lovely and big and very clean. the location is fantastic right on the la ramblas would recommend this hotel

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
bath
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2009

We stayed here the year before after good reviews on here and found it perfectly located, loved the room and the service excellent - it's like walking into a centre of excellence for tourist information when you check in. Everyone is friendly and helpful.
Easy choice to stay again the following year - we love barcelona
There is a starbucks over the road for breakfast - people recommended using that and as we stayed there for 3 nights, we tried the hotel breakfast for morning 1, starbucks for monring 2 - we were back in the hotel for the final one - much nicer - hey you are holiday why pay for a lovely hotel and then rough it with everyone off the streets to save a few euros when you have a posh hotel with good food in a relaxing environment.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Lacey, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2009

I would highly recommend this hotel. You are right in the middle of the Rambla. The staff was awesome and the room was lovely and large. We booked months ahead and got a very nice price.

Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2009

Loved it! Located right by the Ramblas with a smiling and helpful staff who treated me like I was a regular. Fabulous room. Never been much for jacuzzis but it was great to take a bath in one after walking non-stop all day. The special bed was a marvel. An amazing hotel that I would definately stay in again and recommend to anyone visiting Barcelona.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
Insch
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2009

We have just returned after a 3 day break and was very pleased with our choice of the Hotel Montecarlo.
The front staff were all very charming and always a smile. Never needed to ask for the room key as they remembered us every time we returned to the hotel.
The room was amazing with a large bathroom fitted with a shower and separate jacuzzi bath.
The bed was extremely comfortable and loved the the luxury of being able to raise and lower the individual bed as desired.
The room also had a small sitting area with 2 chairs, table, DVD player, minibar, which was great so you did not feel you were sitting in the bedroom.
The one minor issue was there was no view from the bedroom window at all, looking onto an apartment wall. A better view from the sitting room looking onto a small courtyard.
Having said that, as it was November we die not see much daylight at the hotel being away first thing in the morning and not returning after six pm. I would have liked a view of the Ramblas as it was a superior room.
One thing we noticed was we never saw a member of the household cleaning staff! normally you are tripping over the hoover and maneuvering around their trolleys!!
We had a great stay and will definitely return to this hotel should we return to Barcelona.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2009

This hotel is fantastic value. I almost can't fault anything with it. From the moment we checked in they surprised us with their level of service and the room kept revealing little surprises that made the stay all the more wonderful. For example, our room was massive, the beds were huge and comfortable, our beds had motor operated lifts to adjust the angle of the beds, windows were double glazed and had motorised shutters to completely block out noise and light, the shower head and water pressure is fabulous, free internet, wifi, printing etc etc. We stayed for 6 nights and it passed by just like that because it was just so comfortable. We didn't bother with the hotel breakfast cause we never do. It's much better to experience what the locals eat and I would definitely reccomend Bar Pinotxo at the nearby La Bouqueria Market. The old man there making the best coffes is an institution! The best XuXo's in town and great service.
I guess if I were to fault the hotel I would say that the weighing scale did not work properly and there was occasional plumbing noise at night. But that would be really nit-picking wouldn't it?

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Montecarlo Barcelona? Share your experiences!