“More a playground than a spa” 1 of 5 stars

More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Barcelona
9 attraction reviews
“More a playground than a spa”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The premises are nice, but that´s all: forget about having a relaxed time or a real professional massage. You are in a group and have 2 hours to enjoy the different pools and have your massage (I really think that the person was a not an expert in massages, I am sure I could do better!) and then a person shout out to the group to go out because your turn is done. While I was in one pool, one cleaning lady was just sweaping the floor with all the cleaning products coming to me in the pool. So, I do not recommend this place in Barcelona, you have many other places where you can enjoy real relaxation and professional massages.

buffalo
4 attraction reviews
“Very nice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

My husband and I decided to end our month long holiday here. We were so glad we did! First off the area the spa is in is lovely. It's directly across the street from a park with gorgeous fountain. But back to the spa, we went with no real expectations other than to relax. I read other reviews and I can see if you're expecting an amazing deep tissue massage don't go!!! This spa is more about the experience and not the treatments. Just FYI, I've been a licensed massage therapist for over 10 years so I'm VERYpicky.
So they take you in shifts. I'd say there's about 20 people at a time and they put wrist bands on so therapists know which treatment you're getting as there is no talking once you're inside(we talked just very low). I think this is good so they don't have to bother you with questions while you're relaxing in the waters. The pools go from ice cold, luke warm, warmer to hot. Soooo relaxing. And they have an awesome sauna(I usually have a panic attack in saunas but not this time). My husband and I especially loved the tea. We drank sooo much of it. YUM!!
My husband said his massage was very light but relaxing and I like my massages to hurt and this one didn't. However as I stated I wasn't expecting deep because they don't offer it. She did firm but light and it was very good.
I feel if you have expectations to relax and just enjoy something new than GO!! Oh also they just opened one in NYC! Yay for me.

Aylesbury, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
“What an experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Wow! Although it was very busy, it was an amazing experience, that I would recommend to anyone visiting Barcelona. You won't regret it! It is something I will never forget and it's very romantic! It is underground under the arches and beautiful lighting throughout. There are the different temperature pools, a steam room, salt water pool and jacuzzi. We also booked in for a 45 minute massage, which was a lovely treat. I felt so relaxed afterwards!

London
4 attraction reviews
“GREAT Hammam spa!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Great massage with a cool old cellar with plunge pools, really feels like Morocco or something like it. Very good value for money, can only recommend!

Boston, Massachusetts
7 attraction reviews
“Great break from busy BCN”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Aire de Barcelona was recommended by the owners of the apartment my husband and I rented for our stay in Barcelona. We were lucky and happened to get there right when a 2-hour session was starting, but I would suggest reservations. It was us with only a few other couples, so we had the baths almost to ourselves. The facilities were beautiful and spotless and the staff was great at keeping a relaxing and quiet environment. We throughly enjoyed our 2-hour visit and opted for a 30-minute relaxing massage, which was, well...relaxing!