“What an experience!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aire de Barcelona

Aire de Barcelona
Paseo Picasso No. 22, 08003 Barcelona, Spain (El Born / La Ribera)
932 955 743
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
“What an experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Wow! Although it was very busy, it was an amazing experience, that I would recommend to anyone visiting Barcelona. You won't regret it! It is something I will never forget and it's very romantic! It is underground under the arches and beautiful lighting throughout. There are the different temperature pools, a steam room, salt water pool and jacuzzi. We also booked in for a 45 minute massage, which was a lovely treat. I felt so relaxed afterwards!

London
4 attraction reviews
“GREAT Hammam spa!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Great massage with a cool old cellar with plunge pools, really feels like Morocco or something like it. Very good value for money, can only recommend!

Boston, Massachusetts
7 attraction reviews
“Great break from busy BCN”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Aire de Barcelona was recommended by the owners of the apartment my husband and I rented for our stay in Barcelona. We were lucky and happened to get there right when a 2-hour session was starting, but I would suggest reservations. It was us with only a few other couples, so we had the baths almost to ourselves. The facilities were beautiful and spotless and the staff was great at keeping a relaxing and quiet environment. We throughly enjoyed our 2-hour visit and opted for a 30-minute relaxing massage, which was, well...relaxing!

Chicago
4 attraction reviews
“Highlight of our European Honeymoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I found this place based on Tripadvisor reviews. I was blown away by the service and attention to detail.. We did the 45min massage and spa time. It was an amazing deal. The spa itself was so peaceful. (Lot's of foreigners though who didn't get that you should remain quite the whole time.) Beautiful pools and steam rooms, gorgeous brick and stone surroundings. Our massage wasn't as good (it was a swedish style, very light touch) as some that we've had in the states, but it was relaxing. If you need someone to speak english to you, just ask. Easy to find, a nice walk from the cruise docks, great!

Visited September 2012
MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA
37 attraction reviews
“Step aside from the world”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

This was a great experience...and one I undertook on a whim because the place was a few doors away from the apartment I was staying in. And how glad am I that I made that decision.It was two hours spent being indulged .... and I loved it.

The ambience of the bath house is splendid and the attention to detail seems flawless to me....but I am not a devotee of spa locations. However, I got exactly what I expected - clean, atmospheric baths of various types And temperatures- hot medium, cold, whirlpool-bubbling, salt. I drifted from one to the other, following the whispered instructions of my personal carer.

I then had a marvellous exfoliation rub, a massage and more baths at my pleasure with lemon drinks, water or tea enjoyed whilst reclining on heated marble benches....a new experience for me, I can assure you.

The massage was very well done and not amateurish at all; it helped my back a lot. It is true that the massage beds are in a communal situation, not in individual cubicles, but it was silent with only ambient light and I was not at all conscious of neighboring clients or noise or distractions of any kind. Indeed the staff whispered and seemed very conscious of privacy and personal space.

I stepped outside after two hours feeling that my money was well spent and found myself somewhat surprised that modern Barcelona was still out there on Passeig de Picasso!!!!

Visited September 2012