We had a very enjoyable 5 nights here over the first weekend of March. The hotel directions from airport were not that accurate but just head for the Liceu metro station, then on to the La Rambla and walk east towards the Place de Sant Joseph. 5 minutes walk. It is ideally situated not far from the main daily market and is within easy walking of most of the old area especially the La Ribera area and the port. You are in the middle of the Gotic area.
Just around the corner is the wonderful Irati tapas bar, good patisseries and coffee bars. There is a lovely atmosphere in the lively square outside with all sorts of afternoon and evening entertainment. Perfect to watch the world go by. Our hotel room had two smallish single beds and the bathroom was a bit small but very clean with fresh towels and sheets everyday. No facilities to brew a cuppa in the room though. Reception is on first floor so quite a few stairs to climb and you have to walk up a few more steps to get to the small lift. Lift is very quiet and does not disturb you at all. Would highly recommend this hotel as the ideal base to explore all of the great sites in the city. Our 5 days went too fast. Staff quite helpful although we had no problems. There is a deposit required for a key to the small room safe of 20 euros.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a privileged location, "el Jardí" is at the artistic and commercial heart of the city center. The Plaça del Pi, near Las Ramblas is a meeting point for visiting the main sights. On foot, you can visit the Cathedral, the Plaça Catalunya and the Palau de la Generalitat, the Passeig de Gracia, el Born district, the beach, the maremagnum or the port.In a 300 years old building, "el Jardí" offers 40 rooms equipped with bathroom, air conditioning / heating, safety box, satellite TV and telephone. The lobby is wi-fi ready and there is a personal computer available for our customers. "el Jardí" also offers the option of a Continental breakfast.With a friendly atmosphere and a multilingual team, our reception strives every day to provide a personalized attention to our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your el Jardi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Jardi - Hostal Hotel Barcelona
- Hotel Jardi Barcelona
- Jardi Hotel Barcelona
- El Jardi Barcelona, Catalonia