Just back from a great 3 nights at El Jardi. As mentioned in other reviews it is plain and simple but it is very clean ( rooms cleaned each day ) , friendly staff throughout and great location at the heart of the Gothic district next to Santa Maria Church and a few min's from the Cathedral. Easy to find when walking down the Ramblas, just turn left just before Liceu Metro station and go down the alley for 3-4 min's .Wifi works throughout the Hotel (we were on the 7th of 8 floors and got wifi in the room ok ) . The rooms are very small though and the Bathroom must have been on the limit of the minimum size for a shower , toilet and sink ( if there is such a thing ! ). Plenty of Hot water and descent towels thou. No hairdryer in the room. Breakfast very basic so we opted to go down to the local Bakery just down the alley past the Church entrance.
2 Euro for a Cappucino and 1 Euro for a Croissant
If you plan to go to Gaudi's unfinished Cathedral buy your tickets on-line as there is a seperate que for on-line tickets . The regular cash que goes around three sides of the Block and this was in April . Minimum 2 hour wait !!
For Tapas we would strongly reccomend Mikel Etxea ( despite the reviews on here ) as w had a brilliant last night and the best of 6 different Tapas meals was here . A Bottle of Vina Sol (16.90Euro) and a selection of 6 Tapas dishes was total of 45 Euro and the Tortilla and Croquettes were excellant.
Also reccomend the small bar on the main marine road at the bottom of La Ramblas after turning left at the statue of Columbos , La Taverna Del Portas for three Tapas and a Beer for 5.95 !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a privileged location, "el Jardí" is at the artistic and commercial heart of the city center. The Plaça del Pi, near Las Ramblas is a meeting point for visiting the main sights. On foot, you can visit the Cathedral, the Plaça Catalunya and the Palau de la Generalitat, the Passeig de Gracia, el Born district, the beach, the maremagnum or the port.In a 300 years old building, "el Jardí" offers 40 rooms equipped with bathroom, air conditioning / heating, safety box, satellite TV and telephone. The lobby is wi-fi ready and there is a personal computer available for our customers. "el Jardí" also offers the option of a Continental breakfast.With a friendly atmosphere and a multilingual team, our reception strives every day to provide a personalized attention to our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your el Jardi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Jardi - Hostal Hotel Barcelona
- Hotel Jardi Barcelona
- Jardi Hotel Barcelona
- El Jardi Barcelona, Catalonia