“A little off the beaten track - but worth beating a track to find it” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Minerva

La Minerva
Calle Minerva 8, 08006 Barcelona, Spain (Gracia)
+34 93 217 51 57
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
La Minerva is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #578 of 6,680 Restaurants in Barcelona
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Gracia
Description: Restaurant created on the desire to offer a Swiss-styled service, with a local personality. The cuisine is international, though highly influenced by French and Italian cuisines; The key is the use of fresh local products in home-made dishes. One can chose from our selection of dishes or try out the tasting menu created by Chef. The restaurant is divided on two floors, one being ideal for groups up to aprox. 50 people.
London, England, United Kingdom
“A little off the beaten track - but worth beating a track to find it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

There's so much tourist fare to be had in Barcelona but if you want a really good meal with fantastic service I think you'd be hard pressed to find a better place than La Minerva.
We stumbled across this restaurant when taking a stroll a little off the tourist track up towards Gracias. We looked at the menu and thought it looked nice (I'm a vegetarian so it needed to cater for me too).
But we were surprised by just how good the food was - excellent, beautifully presented and prepared. I suppose the preponderance of locals was a good clue that the food was good value and well cooked.
Service is exemplary - old fashioned good service, miraculously performed by just one waiter, but nobody had to wait for their food - the pace of delivery and attention was just right.
Highly recommended.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Carbondale, Colorado
“Excellent Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

This tiny restaurant on a hidden street in Gracia offers dinner with the freshest ingredients. The salad was delicious but we didnt love an eggplant appetizer. The staff is excellent and very informed about wines. They opened a bottle of Cava Rose for us to have a glass even though it wasnt on the menu. The main courses were good.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Barcelona, Spain
“The best restaurant and service in Barcelona!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

We had the best experience from the moment we arrived we felt at home. We had delicious starters with homemade bread. But the main course was to die for we had lamb cooked to perfection and entrecôte with chips and onion rings. Desert of cheesecake and cremebrule. We selected an excellent rioja wine and very reasonably priced. Simon was the perfect host and chef dave did the business in the kitchen thank you guys!!
We will be back!!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
“A restaurant with class and fair prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

We were 2x for lunch in this hidden, small and sympathetic restaurant at Gracia, Barcelona.
We were impressed by the quality of the daily menu and its price! It's absolutely very good value for money! The very friendly personel serve the plates in white gloves! A restaurant with real class!
Next time we are in Barcelona, we will certainly go to La Minerva again and have dinner then!
Congratulations for the whole staff!

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Barcelona, Spain
“A truly wonderful experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

I wanted to write this in defense of another review I read regarding the meal we had on New Year's Eve. My husband and I decided to go somewhere we hadn't tried before and we were so glad we did!
The 6 course meal we had at this lovely little restaurant was by far the best we'd had in a long time. The food itself was cooked to perfection, the flavours were devine and the presentation of the plates were as if we were in a Michelin Star restaurant. The lobster, monkfish and salmon timbale was exquisite. I will without a doubt be recommending this restaurant to all my friends and family.
We have lived in Barcelona for many years now and never have we been so delighted with trying somewhere new. Hats off to the Chef for producing such wonderful food all night long as the place was packed! This is truly an undiscovered gem and I can't wait to go back.
In response to the couple who said the food was inedible, all I can say is I presume they missed their play and had to blame someone. For me, I could quite happily eat there every day!
Well done, keep up the good work!

• Visited December 2013