“A Perfect Start to Our Barcelona Trip” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 420 activities in Barcelona
Type: Walking tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: A fun morning stroll for all the family filled with activities for the children, stories, games, songs and dance that will keep your kids begging you to bring them back to Barcelona. Come learn and play with us!
York, PA
“A Perfect Start to Our Barcelona Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We did the Kids and Family Tour on our first full day in Barcelona. Our daughter (who's 5) had such a wonderful time that she asked us if she could do the tour again the whole time we were in town. Ann-Marie was great with the kids and kept them interested and entertained the whole time. We learned a lot about Catalan history and traditions as well, and have to say that the tour was just as interesting for us parents. We would definitely recommend this tour for any family with kids visiting Barcelona, and I think we would actually sign up for this tour again on our next trip.

Visited November 2012
Sputrip, Owner at Kids & Family Walking Tour, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Hi Anna,

Thank you so much. Your daughter was a little star and quietly determined to keep up with the rest of the kids. It made me laugh thinking of her asking to do the tour again while she was here. Tell her that's the best present she could give me for Christmas ;-).

Talking about Christmas, I hope you guys have a great one and maybe see you on the tour again next year ;-)

Ann-Marie

PS: Thanks for the photo, by the way. The kids were determined to sit down at everyone of the stories on this tour :-)

florida
“Great family tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We just returned from Barcelona and this tour was one of the highlights for our 2 boys (7 and 4 yrs old). They were entertained the entire tour, Anne Marie did a wonderful job. We cannot stop talking about Tio. I highly recommend RunnerBean.

Visited November 2012
Sputrip, Owner at Kids & Family Walking Tour, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Hi Erin,

Thanks a million for your review. I really enjoyed doing the tour that morning with all of you. The boys were great fun and full of life and I was really impressed with Eli's drawings. Hope you are planning to bring the El Tió tradition to Naples this Xmas too :-)

Take care and good luck with the Italian (although your kids can probably translate everything for you anyway) ;-)

Thanks again,

Copenhagen, Denmark
“Great tour for kids (and parents too)!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Our family of four signed up for this family tour on our recent trip to Barcelona. We thought it was a great addition to our trip! Anne Marie did a great job getting the children interested in the history of Barcelona, and it also gave us parents a little more insight into the city. There was some interesting cultural information the kids found hilarious, like the Christmas tradition of beating a log for it to "poop" out presents...:) There's even a song that goes along with it! (they are still singing it...:)).
We also got a close up visit to the shop where they make all the giants for the festivals in Barcelona. VERY interesting and fun. The tour was three hours, and all of it enjoyable. My five year old was getting a little tired of walking by then end, but since Anne Marie ends the tour at the candy shop; all was well in the end!
My older son says it was one of his favorite parts of the trip. Definitely do it! You won't be sorry!!
Thanks so much Ann Marie as well, for the restaurant recommendation near Barcelonetta for tapas. Heavenly food, and such great local atmosphere!! It was our favorite restaurant of the trip.

Visited August 2012
Sputrip, Owner at Kids & Family Walking Tour, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Hi guys,
Thank you for the lovely review. It means so much to me when I get such positive reactions. Your kids were great fun and I think you will have a rebel on your hands with the younger one ;-). Maybe El Tió will find its way into your household this Christmas? Glad you enjoyed the restaurant recommendation too.
Thanks again,
Dubai
42 attraction reviews
“my daughter had a blast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I arrange a private tour with Ann Marie.She came 5 mins before time.

If you are the kind of parent that would like their kid to learn but always find it difficult to keep them interested then this is the tour for you. My 8 year old really enjoyed her self and never once felt that she was learning. The tour ends at a sweet shop which is a nice way to reward the kids.

Visited August 2012
Hi Sumeet,
Thanks for your wonderful review. I am so glad your daughter enjoyed the tour. She was very sweet. I hope your flight went ok the next day and that your other daughters didn't go overweight on their luggage with all the extra shopping from Passeig the Gràcia ;-)
Hope to see you soon again,
Ann-Marie
“Excellent fun - next time again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

A fantastic, very insightful and interesting walking tour through Barcelona. Fairy tales, legends, candy shop and giants. Very nice tour guide. Fun interaction for kids and parents. We were a very international group of 4 families from Scotland to Australia. And will do again next time in Barcelona.

Sputrip, Owner at Kids & Family Walking Tour, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Hi,
Thanks so much for the review. I remember the tour because you mentioned the 4 families and the Australia-Scotland connection ;-). It was a very fun day and it was great seeing all the kids getting along so well with each other.
Looking forward to seeing you next time around,