“Nice location, good value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Aparthotel Silver

Save Saved
You added Aparthotel Silver to your Saves list
Aparthotel Silver
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Breton de los Herreros, 26 | Atb-5, 08012 Barcelona, Spain   |
Offers & Announcements
Complimentary bottle of wine
Ranked #62 of 517 Hotels in Barcelona
Beaverton, Oregon
“Nice location, good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed here over weekend before a business trip. The room was small by US standards with a very tiny shower. The hotel is located a block away from the subway station which meant we could easily go anywhere in the city. Our room faced the internal light tunnel, and we made the mistake of opening the window (yuck it stank in there). The staff was very helpful. The breakfast was ok, but really worth it so we only had it once.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
NACHOJBBarcelona, Manager at Aparthotel Silver, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear guet,

Thank you for sharing your comments following your stay with us.

I was sorry to hear that your room was not suitable for you on this occasion, and I hope that this did not detract too much from your stay.

I hope that you will return back to Aparthotel Silver in future and perhaps we can look into a different room category for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Polish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Loved this hotel come apartment! We were initially worried about being too far out but its just 2 metro stops from Passieg de Gracia and 3 from Placa Catalunya! The area in itself is lovely and homey. We were here celebrating my boyfriends 21st and were welcomed with a bottle of champagne and a Happy Birthday note :) Free internet access downstairs was very helpful! Nice sized rooms and the kitchen no doubt saved us a fortune on lunches! There is a supermarket round the corner that sells everything you need! Rooms cleaned everyday and didn't really hear any of our neighbours. For the price, the place is lovely and if I had any intention of returning to Barcelona, it would probably be to this hotel.

Room Tip: No problem with our room whatsoever, some people might want bigger though!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
NACHOJBBarcelona, Manager at Aparthotel Silver, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear Guest ,

Thank you for taking the time to share your very nice feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable experience and that you found the staff to be great.Comments like yours encourage us to continue working for the happiness of our customers

Thank you for your personal recommendation and I hope that we can welcome you back to Aparthotel Silver, your home in Barcelona , very soon.

Barcelona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Will be back, only down side the room was next to the breakfast bar and was noisy with plates and people talking.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

NACHOJBBarcelona, Manager at Aparthotel Silver, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments following your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

We expected this to be a good hotel because of the excellent reviews here on Trip Adviser and we were not disappointed. The hotel is very close to the Fontana metro station down a street with a few shops and car parks. The hotel facilities and the room really were excellent. The kitchen area was bigger than we expected and would lend itself to some self catering if you wanted to. The fridge was full size and the microwave had a grill function. In addition there were 2 hot plates and a couple of pans. The hotel provided washing up liquid and sponge so everything was provided. As suggested on Trip Ad we requested a room overlooking the garden and were on the 3rd floor - an excellent, quiet location.
The rooms are clean and well maintained with good bed linen and towels and a good quality shower.
The reception area has some seating, a couple of computers and the staff are helpful. The hotel felt very secure as the reception desk was staffed and the door locked - you just have to buzz the bell to be let in.
We loved the area of Gracia. We found some nice restaurants and the choice is different which we liked - Syrian, Palestinian, Turkish, Lebanese. We went down a road behind the Metro station to C. Verdi where there were a number of restaurants and bars to choose from. There is a supermarket within a couple of minutes, - right out of the hotel and left on to the main road. We also used the local bakeries and fruit shopes. The metro line L3 close to this hotel is excellent as it provides easy access to all the main parts of Barcelona and we only ever waited for a maximum of 2 minutes for a train to arrive.

Room Tip: Third floor, overlooking the courtyard was perfect.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
NACHOJBBarcelona, Manager at Aparthotel Silver, responded to this review, October 22, 2012

Heraklion, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stayed at the hotel for 5 days on September and theone word that could describe the stay was "excellent".
The hotel is situated a little bit away from the city center, but it is 2-3' away from a metro station, which gets you to the center in 10-15', so its location is quite good. Unfortunately there are not many places to visit for eating/drinking but it didn't bother me.
The hotel itself was great. Although when you first reach it, it seems like a very old building, the rooms are a great surprise, since they have been renovated and they are very new and very very clean. The rooms are equipped with large LCD TVs, CD players, microwave/stove and a fridge. The beds were also very comfortable and there was no noise from the street. The sound isolation between the rooms is something that needs improvement, because we could hear the TV from the next room, but it didn't bother us. The room price for that period was very decent and for me it seems like it is an excellent value for money hotel.
The staff was very helpful everytime we needed something and especially the last day, when i needed some help with the special receipt i needed for my company. Furthermore, one day that was raining outside, they supplied us with some nice umbrellas (no charge of course).
The breakfast was one of the cheapest in Barcelona (8 euros) and its variety was decent.

Overall experience was great, and whenever i go back to Barcelona, i'll definitely stay at the hotel!
Thanks for a nice stay

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
NACHOJBBarcelona, Manager at Aparthotel Silver, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your personal recommendation and I hope that we can welcome you back to Aparthotel Silver very soon.

Odessa, Ukraine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Aparthotel Silver is one of the best hotels in Barceona.Personally,as for me it was the best one in comparison with others.It is very clean and comfortable.You can easily get there by metro (Fontana station is not far from the hotel) and it is situated in a safe area.You cant hear noise at night and sleep well.
My room was N208 and it has a problem in the bathroom.When you are having shower,the door doesnt close poperly and there is much water on the floor.It is left until next morning.It is a liitle uncomfortable,but it didnt bother me.

The room is very nice with a small kitchen.I didnt cook,but used it only for breakfast.
My room had streetside windows,but it didnt bother me.I would recommend to book a room with a garden view.That area is really nice and romantic.

The hotel offers breakfast for only 8 Euro.I didnt use that service,but my mother did.It is necessary to point out that there is a pleanty variety of food (pastry,ham,cheese,sausages,some fruit,coffee/tea etc.)One can say it is a little expensive,but i dont think so.You can compare breakfast prices in another hotels (they can cost from 10 till 15Euro or more).
If you dont want to have breakfast in the hotel,there is a supermercat in the corner.

As for the Internet,there is wifi in the hotel.
WiFi works good;u can use a computer downstairs and even print some papers.
As for the room,it is very clean and comfortable,there is a big flat screen on the wall it has many channels.
Receptionists work very good and help people to get around.They answer all your questions and make you stay like at home.Moreover,they provide with efficient information and warn about thefts in metro.

There is a safe deposit in the wardrobe,u can use it for free.It was a pleasent surprise as u have to pay for such service in almost all hotels.

I would love to come back to Aparthotel Silver as it is my home in Barcelona.

Room Tip: Garden view rooms are better as they dont face building close to each other Higher floors have less...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
NACHOJBBarcelona, Manager at Aparthotel Silver, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Guest,

We'll check today the 208 shower's doors and fix it,thanks for telling.

Annandale, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

This was a nice place to stay in Barcelona. The rate is reasonable. The hotel was clean and the hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel is close to the Fontana Metro which makes it very accessible to the whole city. Wifi is throughout the hotel. There is a breakfast room in the hotel but I did not use it so I cannot comment on it. My only complaint would be that I thought parking was included based on their webpage. Unfortunately they've updated their webpage and I can't tell if I made a poor assumption or not. I love this part of Barcelona and would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
NACHOJBBarcelona, Manager at Aparthotel Silver, responded to this review, October 17, 2012

Manager

Been to Aparthotel Silver? Share your experiences!