“Excellent food!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Lahore, Pakistan
“Excellent food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

It is not a very fancy restaurant, but if you just want to eat something really fresh and halal of course then I highly recommend this!the manager there was quite friendly to us and so was the staff there! I am  surely going to go back to this place if I ever went to Barcelona again

P.S. Do have a cup of tea here!its typically a Lahori chai!

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Aalborg, Nordjylland, Denmark
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

This restaurant is located very near to La Rambla.We dined here thrice and totally loved it. Excellent food and very reasonably priced too.

Barcelona, Spain
“Rajah Restaurant at 26 Creu Coberta (close to Plaça Espanya)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

This review is meant for the Rajah Restaurant at 26 Creu Coberta (close to Plaça Espanya) and NOT the one on 1-3 Carrer Nou De La Rambla (which I'm sure would be good too!)

I think I have finally found the place to have good Indian food in Barcelona. And being an Indian from Singapore and having been taught to cook Indian food by my Mum who is an excellent cook, I think I know a little as to how Indian food should taste like.

The restaurant certainly does not give a good first impression (having a kebab stand at the entrance - I guess all joints need to find ways to survive these days!!) Their menu seems to provide Indian dishes from both North and South India which was already a positive sign. I decided to go for the lamb briyani which at 6.95 Euros seemed reasonable enough. I asked the waiter to make it extra spicy and he suggested 'medium spicy' to taste like real food from India!! I also ordered a tandoori roti at 0.75 cents (haven't seen those type of prices for quite a while!!) plus a cucumber raita at 1.50 Euros. I topped that with a cool Estrella beer.

Service was slow but on the other hand, it's also a good sign as the chefs are taking their time to prepare the food as Indian spices take some time to blend into the dish.

When the food finally arrived, I was pleasantly surprised. The smell alone of the briyani was enough to get my tastebuds wriggling with excitement!! The first bite was sheer delight. After looking around for almost 10 months in Barcelona I had finally tasted 'real' Indian food.

I must admit that the briyani could have been better if a little gravy was added to it as it tended to be a little on the dry side! The tandoori roti was the 'real' thing - crispy but not overcooked. The raita helped cool down my mouth a little as the 'extra spices started to take its effect.

A second beer topped off a wonderful meal. I heard that that the Veg World restaurant is also good but if you are a 'carnivore' like me, you won't go wrong checking out this restaurant. My bill at the end - 13 Euros!!!! A great and reasonably priced dinner!

Rey
A Singaporean living in Barcelona

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Marvellous”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012 via mobile

Found while strolling along La Rambla. Come accross these restaurant. Look ordinary from outside but after ordering and tasting the food, felt like we are back home in the east. Loving it.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
MidWest USA
“26 Creu Coberta Location near Plaza Espanya”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

We enjoyed lunch about 6 times during our 3 week stay in April 2012 near by in the neighborhood near Plaza Espanya (this is not the La Rmabla location) This location as mentioned by rawetalent's review is in the back of a take out place. Simple but good food and prices. They have what we would call a huge lunch for 8.75e which had a starter and main dish with either rice or bread and included a glass of wine, a beer, water or coffee. First couple of times we ordered a lunch each, but found ourselves sharing because it was just so much good food. Both waiters we had were very good, and kept us coming back again. Give it a try if you enjoy Indian type foods. A four course dinner is 10.95e and includes starter, main dish, rice or bread, desert and drink. We had dinner a couple times there also. A favorite place in the neighborhood.

• Visited April 2012