Booked the hotel based on the good reviews on Tripadvisor. When we got to hotel, reception was very warm and friendly. We asked for a room facing the Hospital de Sant Pau and the receptionist reassured us that he had a good room for us. The room was on the top floor and from there up another flight of steps which initially got me slightly concerned. But we opened the room - it was good size, cozy, good double bed and the bathroom/toilet was immaculate. The best bit was - I thought it was just going to be a little window facing the beautiful Sant Pau hospital - but upon drawing the curtains, we stepped onto a wide balcony with chairs and table to lounge on whist taking in the amazing view.
The reception later pointed us to a few tapas bars nearby as that was what we meant to go to Spain for. The tapas, as I had anticipated, were divine. I knew the Sagrada Familia was within walking distance from the hotel but in fact it was only about 10mins walk away. So I'd say a superb location in that respect. However it in the centre (La Rambla) where everything is but it's only a few metro stops away. Bought the T-10 ticket based on Tripadvisor advise as well which served us very well indeed.
The only thing was that personally, we like thicker/bigger pillows as the ones in the room were slightly flat. Nonetheless we asked the reception for extra pillows which they graciously obliged us with. Also could do with slightly better directions to the hotel on the website (although it was relatively easy to find on Googlemaps). Finally, perhaps the hotel could consider room service?
Also very impressive was that the room was cleaned everyday when we were away - they never disturbed us when we were in the room but once we got back from city sightseeing, it's like little elves had come to clean the room. Superb.
Overall I have to say, the hotel was absolutely superb - all the basic things you need from a hotel. Good value for money (for Barca standards and close to town and on Easter weekend!) Totally recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located in downtown, very near the Sagrada Familia; close to the architectonic complex of the Sant Pau Hospital. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Amrey Sant Pau reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amrey Sant Pau Barcelona, Catalonia
- Amrey Sant Pau Hotel Barcelona