I stayed here with my mom from Septermber 30th to October 4th for our first visit in Barcelona.
All in all, it's a fine 3 stars hotel for it's price with clean rooms, fantastic location with a 2 minute walk from the metro and 10 minute walk from La Rambla and free Wi-Fi access. If i'll ever return to Barcelona i'll definitely consider staying at Laietana Palace again.
-Location, Location, Location-
The travel agency offered this hotel since we asked for a central location and indeed the location is perfect. It's located in the Barri Gotic area, my favorite part of the city with tons of things to see around and lovely little alleys to wonder in. It's very close to the Cathedral (don't miss it, and go upstairs!) and only a 10 minute walk to La Ramblas and a 2 minute walk to Jaume I metro station (The L4 yellow line).
-Hotel, rooms and some tips-
The hotel is pretty basic and definitely not a 4 stars hotel, more like 3, but it was very clean. The rooms are fine, not my choice of decor but with just enough room for 2 adults in twin beds to have some space and not feel too crowded. Beds were hard and not too comfy but we managed it. Notice there's only 2 available power sockets so bring an extension cord if you have some gadgets.
There's a kettle but no coffee provided, so If you fancy a coffee before breakfast there's a handy supermarket just downstairs. We got coffee and some mlik there and large bottles of waters (0.70 cents for a 1.5 liter bottle, instead of 1.5€ for a small bottle in busy tourist areas) . You can store the milk on the mini bar, it has enough space.
Our room faced the Roman Wall and what seems to be a hospital. Not a great view but quite quite compared to the busy Via Laietana street, if Ambulance sirens don't bother you too much (and once you close the window you can't really hear them).
There's no special rooms for smokers but they allow smoking in the room next to the windows. If you smoke it's very comfy, if you don't and you get a room like ours where 2 people smoked in, it might bother you so just ask to switch rooms.
Breakfast is self served and pretty basic. Beans or bacon with eggs, toast, some cheese, cornflakes, some fruits, yogurt, orange juice, coffee and some deserts. The desserts were poor, everything else was fine.
Staff was ok, some of them weren't too friendly but others have been very helpful with directions and even spoke English (kinda rare in Barcelona).
The hotel offers free Wi-Fi access that worked perfectly in our room on the 3rd floor. Ask for your username and password at the reception, and if you have more than one device per person (a laptop and smartphone each) ask for some more, and if they don't give you more than one just come back later when there's another receptionist at the desk
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A completely renovated, neo-classical building in the centre of Barcelona, flanked by three inspiring elements: the Roman Barcino wall, the Gothic quarter and the Born district with all its design An elegant hotel in Barcelona Centre, palatial and distinguished, set in the cultural, tourist hub of Barcelona, in the urban melting pot where the Roman, Mediaeval, Modernist and Contemporary heritages merge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Exe Laietana Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eurostars Laietana Palace Hotel Barcelona
- Laietana Palace Barcelona
- Laietana Palace Hotel
- Hotel Exe Laietana Palace Barcelona, Catalonia