“Very good budget hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bonanova Park

You added Bonanova Park to your Saves list
Bonanova Park
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Capitan Arenas 51, 08034 Barcelona, Spain (Formerly Husa Bonanova Park)   |
Ranked #318 of 514 Hotels in Barcelona
Kiev, Ukraine
“Very good budget hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stayed at the hotel six nights and was very pleased with my stay. I felt comfortable and safe and I liked the location. The hotel is situated in a quiet residential area, close to the metro - 5-10 minutes walk. It took me 25 minutes to get to the center. The room was clean, may be too small if you have a lot of luggage but for me it was absolutely OK. The bathroom also small but equipped with everything, I especially liked the big shower - it was great to have after a full tiresome tourist program around the city The staff at the reception was friendly and spoke English. I had everything I needed so I am very glad that I chose this hotel.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Polish first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

We booked 2 nights here, as part of a much longer holiday to Spain as we had tickets to see FC Barcelona and wanted a cheap hotel near Camp Nou. Bonanova park ticked every box as it was a short walk to the stadium and also very close to the metro station, Maria Cristina. It is only about 7 stops into central Barcelona for sight seeing.
Our triple room was very clean and comfortable and had a lovely bathroom. The breakfast was also good and a fair price at 10 Euros each. Staff were very helpful, but you will need basic Spanish as we didn't find any who spoke English.
My only criticism is that there was a very loud intermittent buzzing noise in the corridor, which could be heard in the bathroom, but thankfully not in the bedroom. It really was very loud and had we been stopping longer, we would have followed this up with the hotel. This was what stopped me giving the hotel 5 stars. Apart from that small issue, excellent and brilliant value for money.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We have stayed twice this year ( April and September 2013 ) and enjoyed the hospitality, care,
attentions and the great breakfast buffet.
Away from the expensive and noisy establishments of the city center every evening when we returned to the hotel we had a strange feeling of " welcome back home ".
The staff are all friendly and really nice.
The internet services, the large private lounge give you a sensation to stay in a four star hotel,
The best value for money in town.
Husa should be proud of this superb staff, now our friends!!

Room Tip: Side rooms second or third floor
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights in Barcelona when all the other hotels seemed booked and I am glad I choose this one. Compared to some of the hotels in the main city center which appear shaddy, this one was very decent appearing with families staying.

Rooms : Clean, bathrooms small but equipped, bed neat.
Staff : Warm and speak OK English. They were not aware of the loyalty program which was a disappointment for me. On the day of checkout I found that they had put few things on the bill from minibar which I had not even opened. With some discussion, they removed. Thanks!
Location : Not bad. 10 minutes walk from the metro station: Maria Christina on green line. There is another Husa hotel which is much closer to the station. Few stops and you are in the city center.The place is nice & more residential but lacks restaurants or other shops
Others : I had trouble sleeping as the rooms are very close and you feel as if someone is opening your room if they open the adjacent room. Beds are shaky.
You can also use the free small safe deposits at the reception when you travel.

Overall good place to stay and recommended for next stay.

Room Tip: If you are on the higher floors, you would need to carry your luggage.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I stayed in this hotel during the last week of June 2013 for 3 nights. I needed to attend a meeting in UPC university campus which was 10 min walk from this hotel. I chose because of its proximity to the meeting venue. Its a nice clean place to stay. The single room was adequate albeit tight, so if you have lots of luggage then there can be an issue. The bathroom and the room itself was clean. I did not opt for the breakfast option so cannot comment on it.

It is also near to Camp Neau which can be reached on foot easily. The nearby metro station is Maria Christina on green line.

The staff at the reception was very nice, provided a map and booklet outlining the activities and venues to visit in Barcelona. They require you to give them the key of your room whenever you go out. I do not have any issue with it. I would recommend this place to anyone on budget and wants to explore Barcelona.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from the stairs and escalator, as its noisy then people are coming and going.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Malaga, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

This two star hotel gives great value for money and a warm welcome. The reception staff were all helpful and most spoke English even though we spoke to them all in Spanish. One even gave up a warning that taxi drivers charge extra for cases on pick ups to or from the hotel! The room was a good size and clean, well maintained and comfortable with pleasant if somewhat old fashioned bed linens. The bathroom was fabulous! Clearly a new refurbishment with the best and biggest walk in shower we have ever enjoyed in any hotel. The free toiletries were lovely. The breakfast had a great selection including hot boiled eggs. The DIY toaster, however, was fiddly to work and took forever to toast the bread. The free Wi-Fi was a bit hit and miss on our iPad and phone and being on the fourth floor didn't help as the router was on the ground. WE would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Our fourth floor room was quiet. Ask to use the free safety deposit boxes at the rear of Reception...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We only stayed here for the last night before we fly home from BCN. It might be small for some people's preference but it's okay with us. The hotel is rather family style, very basic, nothing luxury as most of the reviewer said, but it's as clean as spotless, which always comes to my first priority for hotel hunting. Very well equipped, you get a working desk, shelves, hooks, fridge,very sufficient lighting, everything you'd ask for a hotel room. You'll have to ask for wifi password at the front desk and the wifi works well enough. The bathroom is tiny but still, well equipped and I had one of the best showers in it! Lovely hot water and great water pressure. It's not in the most convenient location though, kind of far from the major attractions. It's located in the city's high end residential area, 10 minutes walk to the nearest metro stop and the walk is quite pleasant for us. We get to see how local people live and their daily routines, which is what we love to do during travel. We paid around 74 Euro for one night, and I don't feel it's any less comfy than another four star hotel we stayed for eight nights during the first week in Barcelona.
Will consider to stay here when we visit the beautiful city next time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Bonanova Park? Share your experiences!