“Amazing hotel - staff / service / rooms” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #134 of 518 Hotels in Barcelona
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Amazing hotel - staff / service / rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed at the Hotel Guillermo Tell for 5 nights this month & were extremely pleased to of found a hotel in such a good position for seeing Barcelona & such a quirky,contemporary & friendly place.
We were there for family celebrations for our daughter finally achieving her Doctorate & our Son's proposal to his girlfriend. Eva was extremely helpful & attentive in aiding us to facilitate several surprises All staff were very helpful & attentive.
The hotel rooms were brilliant,roomy, clean & white!
The reviews for this hotel seem to vary greatly although the general opinion is good. Take our advice make your own minds up

Room Tip: rooms on the street side of the hotel can be slightly noisy - but heh it is near the center of the c...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
GuillermoTell, Director General at Hotel Guillermo Tell, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Chris,

Firstly, thank you so much for taking the time to leave your very kind words following your stay at Hotel Guillermo Tell.

We are very pleased to hear your received a good service from our staff. We work very hard for the satisfaction of our guests and it is very rewarding to know we made you enjoy. Your nice words about the team are highly appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel very soon.

Alex Montornés.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Greek first
Rome, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed couple of times in this hotel recently. The rooms are cozy and the staff very kind and friendly and there is a falmiliar athmosphere. Also the price is quite competitive. I would definitily reccomand it.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
GuillermoTell, Director General at Hotel Guillermo Tell, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Mari,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments following your stay at Hotel Guillermo Tell.

Your nice words about the hotel are highly apreciated by all the Hotel Staff.

We also would be very happy to welcome you in your next visit to Barcelona.

Kind regards.

Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2014

This hotel is not in the center and I have picked it for business reasons. But public transport options are many and very close.
The hotel is very nice, clean with lovely modern design. The check in was very quick and even before 14.00. Everything was as advertised.
The room is big enough, also very clean.
The mattress is very comfortable.
Very need bathroom with all toiletries provided.
The breakfast is served in a lovely hall, simply and pleasantly designed. The choice is not huge but rather good, even for vegetarians. The coffee is very good. The only thing I lacked was vegetables, there were only tomatoes. I like salads in the morning.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
GuillermoTell, Director General at Hotel Guillermo Tell, responded to this review, November 13, 2014
Dear Sir,

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen Hotel Guillermo Tell for your recent trip to Barcelona and for sharing it with us and other visitors.

We appreciate to have your feedback since we are always concerned by the remarks and satisfactions of our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel very soon.
Our best regards.

Neuchatel, Switzerland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2014

The 1st impression about this hotel was good, with modern decoration and clean atmosphere. The location was near to the transport connection and around 2 km by feet to the center of Barcelona.
On the other hand, the longer stay at the hotel, the more annoy I feel about this hotel.

1. The room is about 25 square, which is not too small compares with other hotels. But, super noisy! I can easily hear the neighbors making noise while I am sleeping as well as the loud sounds from the street outside!!! ( even the windows was closed). The interior design give me a feeling of a hostel for young adults, which was decorated with paper printed photos and stick on the wall by color sticking-plaster

2. The bathroom was somehow cleaned but there is no toothbrush and toothpaste. So that I have to buy it outside or ask the reception. But trust me, you will not like to use the one they give to you!

3. One more thing about the bathroom, the bathtub, which is not functionally work well when switching between hot and cold water. Additionally, the pressure of water is really low, especially with cold water. Overall, it only work "well" with hot water, as the temperature burns you easily.

4. The breakfast buffet costs 8.5 euro/ pax, which is really standard quality and taste not so different from packaged food at the supermarket. Maybe because there is no restaurant in the hotel, so that there is no chef as well?!

5. When you entered in the breakfast room, which is in the same stage with parking and WC in the floor -1, there is no employee welcome you to the buffet. You will directly seat and have breakfast by yourself, till a guy come to you with a list of guest, standing next to you without a greeting or a smile, then you will tell him your room number... then after verifying your name, he leaves as the same process he came before...

6. When you get in or get out of the main door, which is right in front of the reception, the receptionist will ignore you and keep focusing on their "busy computer screen", as they always do the whole day.

7. The most annoying thing I fell from this hotel is when I checked out at 11:30 in the morning, there was a male receptionist, with an unfriendly face and no smile at all ( of course) look at me without any emotions. Then, I told him I want to check out, then he did the check out process as a robot, without asked me if I like the stay, without thanks for my stay,and of course, there is no welcome me to be back in future!!! In my opinion, greetings and thank you are very basic rules that people who work in a hotel at least have to know.

As a person who works in hotel and service industry, Hotel Guillermo Tell has not enough standards of facilities and service to be a 4-star hotel. The stay in Guillermo Tell is a huge disappointment, waste of money and ruins your vacation joyfulness. Even the price is quite okay but I am strongly recommend you to choose another 4-star hotels when you come to Barcelona.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
GuillermoTell, Director General at Hotel Guillermo Tell, responded to this review, October 20, 2014
Dear Jennifer,

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing us for your stay in Barcelona.

I am very dissapointed to hear we did not fulfill your expectations due to the points detailed above. I am honestly upset because we all work very hard for our guests satisfaction (other reviews corroborate it) and I must understand there has been a missunderstanding at some point.
I take good note of your comments in order to improve our service and facilites to prevent situations like the ones you describe be repeated.

I also remain at your disposal at direccion@hotelguillermotell.com to provide a private answer and explanation about the unfortunate and exceptional incidents.

In the meantime, I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back at Hotel Guillermo Tell in the near future and that you give us the oportunity to demonstrate our heart based hospitality.

Cordially yours,
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2014

The hotel looks good in a first view. But it is not what i expect from a four star hotel... let me share my perspective:
1. The door to room 601 is somehow defect... also the window
2. Dont do big bussines on toilet! There is no toilet brush.. so your wife has to see your "pupu" or u have to clean it with paper by ur hand...i can not beleive that!!!!!!
3. You can hear your neighbors in other rooms and i think they hear you too.. as stated in 1... the door is defect.. so it is loud to open and close.
4. The shower in room 601 seems only work with hot water.. after a while u can shower.. but it takes time and it comes only less water or u burn yourself.. horror!!
5. Dont try to check where is the way out in case of fire.. they will unfriendly shout in spanish at u when u open the door to the terasse (like mentioned in the explanation in the room) even if there is NO sign that u only should open the door in case of fire
6. Decoration in the room look like made by a teenager (postcards sticked with tape on the wall)
7. I dont try it.. but my wife says breakfast is not that well.. maybe because the hotel has no restaurant.. so there is no chef!?
8. Last but not least.. the bed... yes u can sleep here.. but dont expect a warm blanket. Maybe its because we are swiss and we have other standards.. but the blanket on the bed is too thin and the one in the closet i wouldnt never use even in case of emergency
Compared with other 4 star hotel i was.. this is not the one i would choose again.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
GuillermoTell, Director General at Hotel Guillermo Tell, responded to this review, October 17, 2014
Dear Adrian,

We are very sorry to hear we did not reach your expectations during your stay.
We take good note of your comments in order to prevent situations like the ones you describe to be repeated.

Looking forward to having another opportunity to demonstrate you the high standard of our services and facilities.

Cordially yours.
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2014

What can I say, This is totally an excellent hotel !!!
The people are so nice, they are whiling to help you out in what ever you need, The hotel and especially the rooms are super clean, The hotel is very neat and stylish, it is very close to the metro (two stations, Pl. Molina which is 1min walk and has a direct line to Pl. Catalunia and another station which is like 5min walk - Fontana station)
The people at the reception are very nice and have fluent English (which is really hard to find in Barcelona).
I flow with my wife and 5months old baby and they provided everything I needed (Including a bath and even a Radiator).
Hotel has a nice fresh breakfast, Free WIFI and FREE Laptop station.
The area is very pleasant and safe.

Long story short, Go ahead and book this hotel, Fare rate, excellent location, Excellent service, Excellent vibe, EXCELLENT !!!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
GuillermoTell, Director General at Hotel Guillermo Tell, responded to this review, October 6, 2014
Dear Roei,

We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed our hospitality and service.

We all really hope to see you again in a very near future.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2014

This hotel is away from the noise and madness of the city centre but only a couple of stops away by underground. The nearest is the Sant-Gervais/Place Molina joint station (lines 6 and 7) which is literally just round the corner but you can also use the Fontana metro station (Line 3) which is a few minutes away and by cutting through Carrer de los Carolines, you will see Casa Vicens, the first house built by Gaudi.
The rooms are nicely set out in white and the welcome mineral water and apples is a nice touch. Beds are very comfortable.Nice bathroom with bath and shower plus toiletries, comb, tissues and sponge. All the reception staff are very helpful, printing out a ticket for me, supplying a forgotten toothbrush and paste and even a letter slipped under my door asking if I had enjoyed the visit to the attraction for which they printed out the ticket. There is free tea and coffee in lounge area outside of breakfast times and a breakfast room in basement. There is also a book exchange where you can leave unwanted books and take ones left by others, a very good idea.
Being a light sleeper, I was sometimes disturbed when those above me came back from a late night out but overall it was a very peaceful oasis.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
GuillermoTell, Director General at Hotel Guillermo Tell, responded to this review, September 29, 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing us for your stay in Barcelona and for letting us know about your experience with us.
I am very pleased to hear you enjoy you stay at Hotel Guillermo Tell and that our facilities and location fulfilled your expectations..
We all look forward to welcome you back very soon.

Alex Montornés

Been to Hotel Guillermo Tell? Share your experiences!