Just back from 4 nights stay at the NH Master hotel in Barcelona. There are a number of NH hotels in Barcelona. I chose this one because the price ( booked through Expedia ) was very reasonable, the location seemed about right ( not too far from Sants railway station ) and other reviews seemed favourable. Our room was modern and clean with all the usual facilities, double glazed to keep out the traffic noise. You could open the windows, though, if you wanted a blast of cool air. Plenty of complimentary toiletries and towels changed regularly. Multi chanel TV but don't expect to get BBC or ITV etc.
Based on other reviews we didn't take the 11 Euro breakfast, but instead went out to eat. There are a number of cafes where you can get breakfast for a much more reasonable price. Would recommend Dino Pans just down the road where you can get coffee and a croissant for Euro 1.50 ! Brush up on your Spanish though as English is not widely spoken. This is not holiday Spain - you are in the real Spain.
The hotel didn't have a restaurant open when we were there, so you have to go out for meals. The Tomate cafe across the road does some interesting food, and if you want a cheap and lively night go to the Salzburg cafe a couple of blocks up the road. There are lots of other places to eat depending on your tastes and wallet. Tapas are served virtually everywhere.
Although there is a bar in the hotel, connected to the lounge, it didn't actually serve drinks while we were there. Instead it was sort of self serve ! You helped yourself to drinks from the chiller cabinet, made a note of what you'd had , and then paid at reception. If you fancy a last drink before bedtime, better to go across the road to the Tomate cafe. Nice bar, lots of locals, and good atmosphere.
The hotel is about 20 minutes walk from the Sants station, which connects you by rail to the airport. The journey from there takes about 25 minutes. The hotel is also within walking distance of Barelona centre ( Sagradra Familia, Placa Catalunya, Ramblas etc ) although you can take the Metro if you prefer. Don't miss the food market on the Ramblas. Fantastic variety of food at very reasonable prices.
There are NH hotels nearer the centre of Barcelona, but I would recommend staying a little way out, as it will be quieter, probably cheaper, and certainly the district in which the NH master was located was very respectable with all the food shops, cafes and restauarants you'll need.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located, NH Barcelona Eixample is a pleasant 15 minute walk from bustling Barcelona city center, or just two stops away by metro. The Sants main line station and Barcelona's renowned Fira exhibition centre are also just 15 minutes away while Placa Catalunya with its tempting shops and inviting restaurants and bars can be reached on foot in 20 minutes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, NHHotels, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your NH Barcelona Eixample reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nh Master Barcelona
- Nh Master Hotel Barcelona
- NH Barcelona Eixample Catalonia