“Noisy and standard rooms are a little small, but good location and friendly staff.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of EuroPark Hotel

20% off room rate
Ranked #33 of 510 Hotels in Barcelona
Soldeu, Andorra
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We stayed here whilst meeting up with friends in Barcelona. The reception staff were very friendly and efficient on arrival. They spoke excellent English but humoured us with our Spanish.

Our room was small and dark - very small, in fact, but sufficient for our needs. There were twin beds rather than a double, but they were comfortable. The bathroom was very clean with a good selection of complimentary toiletries and the air conditioning worked well. Our friends had been upgraded free of charge to a suite on the top floor, so we were able to compare the two rooms. In truth, there was little comparison, what with their very large bed, separate living area, enormous bathroom and additional perks. We enjoyed the use of their large balcony which overlooked the pool, although there was a slight sewerage smell on occasion. We also found that the water had rather a chemical taste to it when making hot drinks in the morning.

Location-wise, the hotel is positioned in a slightly less touristy area than some, although it is a short stroll to the Sagrada Familia. The surrounding bars and restaurants are a lot less crowded and far better value for money than those you would find on the Passeig de Gracia or Las Ramblas. There is also very easy access to the metro system, which is good value for money for getting about.

The room we had was VERY noisy. We usually stay on Las Ramblas, so are used to having a good buzz, but this was way more than that. The noise from the road woke me up several times each night, and I am not a light sleeper. I think the windows could do with upgrading to more layers of glazing. Having said that, we did not get bothered by any noise from other hotel rooms, so internal sound insulation seems good.

Note, do not do what we did and park up in the car park next door, expecting to be able to leave your car for just a few minutes. There are no prices outside, but they charge by the hour (€23 an hour!!) or for the duration of your stay. Luckily, my husband was able to negotiate with the attendant and get the parking for a lower rate once we had realised the situation, but there is still cheaper parking to be had, for example by Sants station.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (405)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

We stayed here for just short of a week. This hotel offered a great breakfast. We had a spacious, beautifully decorated room. It had a great bathroom which included a bath. It was super close to the subway and city sightseeing tour. I will stay there again.

Stayed August 2013
Coventry, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

The hotel is near to attractions such as Casa Batllo and Sagrada Familia, and the nearest metro station (Girona) is only a couple of minutes walk away. The room was clean and reasonably sized, although it seemed small due to the massive size of the bed. I found the bed to be a little bit uncomfortable, but reasonable for the price of the room. The air conditioning kept everything as cool as I wanted it, and there was a fridge that I used to chill beer in. There was also a safe, but I never used it. The free Wi-Fi was slow, but due to the low price of the room, I could easily overlook that. The only real disappointment was that the bath drained slowly, so that after a shower, you ended up to your ankles in water. The cleaner at least must have been aware of it (it drained really slowly), but I didn't complain, as having settled, I couldn't be bothered to change room. The reception staff spoke English though, so I would not have had a problem complaining if I had wanted to. If, when exiting the hotel, you turn left, at the first street corner you get to, there is a place called Mr. Pan that will do you a really cheap and tasty breakfast - far cheaper than the hotel would give you one for.

Room Tip: Check the bath drains properly as soon as you get into the room.
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I stays for 5 nights at this 3 star hotel. I thought the location was fantastic, only 4 blocks away from passeig de Gracia and on the way there is a fantastic bakery called Sant Gloria and a fruit market. The rooms are nicely furnished and kept very clean, The shower however was very poorly designed in my room where the seal was not waterproof and kept leaking out on the floor and the shower head was loose so the water pressure made it spray everywhere. Only other negative is I found a few members of the staff to be quite rude and unapproachable despite my efforts. Often my questions were met with short curt answers and was only elaborated upon when prompted. The roof top pool terrace was fantastic though really enjoyed that. I would stay here again in the future but hope to see a few changed made.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Tours, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I chose this hotel regarding the comments on Tripadvisor, and I must say it was amazing!
Large and quiet rooms, pool on Top of the hotel, very good room service , good breakfast!!
The employees are very helpfull!!
I will come back for sure in this hotel!
I highly recommend it!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is clean to a shine and conveniently located between metro stations and sights like Casa Batllo and the Sagrada Familia.

Breakfast is of a good quality and the staff all throughout the hotel are extremely friendly and welcoming.

They also have a small business centre to print out those tickets and probably the best wifi I've ever used while travelling.

We didn't use the rooftop pool but it looked nice enough.

Overall, I will be returning to this fantastic spot.

• Stayed July 2014
Shropshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Myself and my partner traveled to Barcelona on our first holiday together. Not knowing what to expect we were totally blown away when arriving at our hotel. The decor was fab, we started to think this may be too good to be true. We were wrong. The staff were always friendly to greet us and helped with any questions. We did not pay for breakfast as cafes are so close by and extremely reasonable for pastries and espresso which is all we wanted. The room is of a very good size and the beds we found very comfortable. Brilliant bathroom facilities. We used the rooftop terrace daily to wind down after a busy day in Barcelona, a lovely asset to the hotel. Metros, buses and tour buses all within a five minute walk, however we walked everywhere as we found everything to be a nice stroll away. Beach was about an hours walk.Would more than definitely recommend to anybody who was travelling to Barcelona, as a couple or friends, i would not say this i a hotel for families with small children. We were both very sad to be departing and only left wondering why EUROPARK has not got that fifth star. Definitely the potential to be one!!!

Room Tip: We had a room at the back which was very quiet :) Glad we didn't pay for a balcony as its only r...