We stayed here for 2 nights in November just before a cruise. We were compelled to book on short notice due to the general strike that was held on November 14th which moved our arrival up by a couple of days. The good news was this hotel. Clean with nice sized rooms and convenient to the Ramblas and just above the Metro, yet far enough away to avoid most of the violent demonstrations in the central area. Lots of restaurants, bar and entertainment choices along Avenida Paral-lel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strategically located just a five-minute walk from Las Ramblas, Hotel Barcelona Universal grants its guests easy access to all parts of the city. Metro lines 2 and 3 stop just outside the main entrance, at “Paral·lel,” and nearby buses can take you to the beaches of Barcelona, Park Güell, and anywhere in between. A stroll from our hotel near Las Ramblas will take you to some of Barcelona’s favorite tourist attractions.Hotel opened in 2001 and renewed in 2011.Hotel Barcelona Universal has 167 rooms, each equipped with free Wi-Fi Internet. Three “Barcelona Skyline Suites” feature a Jacuzzi and private terrace. Families and larger groups may be accommodated in triple or superior rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Otel, EasyToBook, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Barcelona Universal Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Universal Barcelona
- Hotel Barcelona Universal
- Barcelona Universal Hotel Catalonia