Long story short, definitely recommend staying here. We stayed here for 9 nights and could not have been more happier. We left to Paris for a few days in between, leaving all our luggage and personal belongings in the hotel room, came back and everything was still there! There are also tons of great restaurants/bars just outside of the hotel.
- metro station is right outside of the hotel (stop: Paral-lel)
- 5 minute walk to Las Ramblas
- 5 minutes away to major night clubs (Apollo, The BLVD, The Family, Jamboree, Ocana, many more!). The nightclubs don't start until 1:30-2am. Iif you go before then, the clubs will be empty. Entrance is usually free with the entrance cards, which people outside the club will be handing out, can't miss it!
- 15 minute cab ride to the beach (Beach location is called Port Olympic. Lots of bars, restaurants, and night clubs there, great night life and worth checking out). The tour bus also stops here!
- 7 minute walk to tour bus location (highly recommend taking advantage of the tour bus. A 2-day pass is enough to learn the city, then you can just metro or walk everywhere!) Tour bus passes are sold at hotel or physically in the bus.
- Definitely check out El Born, about a10 minute metro ride from hotel. There are tons of bars and shops there, you can be there all evening (Picasso museum is also here.)
- if time permits, I highly recommend traveling out of Barcelona to a small town called Sitges. It's about a 30 minute train ride from the main train station called Sants Station. The beach there is phenomenal and there are tons of bars and shops. We were there until sunset, it was just beautiful.
- Hotel staff is amazing, they're worth the praise!). This hotel is highly recommended.
To get to hotel from Barcelona airport:
Catch the aerobus (about 5 euros per person) to the first stop called Placa de Espanya. From Placa de Espanya, catch the metro to Paral-lel (L3, green line). You will end up right in front of the hotel! If you plan to use the metro a lot, recommend getting the T10 pass from the machines. This pass allows you to use the metro 10 times. Multiple single passes can get expensive.
- Also Known As:
- Universal Barcelona
- Hotel Barcelona Universal
- Barcelona Universal Hotel Catalonia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strategically located just a five-minute walk from Las Ramblas, Hotel Barcelona Universal grants its guests easy access to all parts of the city. Metro lines 2 and 3 stop just outside the main entrance, at “Paral·lel,” and nearby buses can take you to the beaches of Barcelona, Park Güell, and anywhere in between. A stroll from our hotel near Las Ramblas will take you to some of Barcelona’s favorite tourist attractions.Hotel opened in 2001 and renewed in 2011.Hotel Barcelona Universal has 167 rooms, each equipped with free Wi-Fi Internet. Three “Barcelona Skyline Suites” feature a Jacuzzi and private terrace. Families and larger groups may be accommodated in triple or superior rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, Amex, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Agoda so you can book your Barcelona Universal Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.