I had booked a twin room at the Universal Barcelona for 4 nights. I had requested a higher floor and this was accommodated. The hotel was only 15 mins from the airport and very central only a few minutes from La Rambla and the Columbus statue. The metro and funicular to Montjuic was outside the hotel door.
The hotel and room does not have the character facade or interior of some of Barcelonas older buildings but is a great and comfortable base for seeing Barcelona.
The reception was swift and helpful ( it's not a large area ) we were given the free wi fi code and a barcelona map that was very useful.
The room was an adequate size ( I've stayed in a lot smaller ). The decor was nice - browns ,beige with lovely solid honey wood doors. The bathroom was a good size with a long narrow bath with a good shower over it. A nice personal travel kit had sponge,comb dental kit etc. The towels were changed daily. There was adequte wardrobe space with enough hangers. The beds were firm but comfy. The whole hotel was spotlessly clean. I was at the front of the hotel on the busy Ave. Paral.lel and although double glazed the road noise was noticeable. The room was very hot ( use the air con. ) The breakfast was fine- cereal,fruit,cakes/pasteries,cheeses/meats. A buffet cooked breakfast was available - a bit lukewarm. The breakfast coffee was better than average. Breakfast ran till 11a.m. and was busy 9-10a.m.
A secure luggage room is available on leaving. The bar area is small and only serves till 11p.m.
A big plus is the roof pool, gym and sun deck. You get great views of all the Barcelona sites and after a day sightseeing it was nice to get some rays.
As a central base for sightseeing in barcelona I would return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strategically located just a five-minute walk from Las Ramblas, Hotel Barcelona Universal grants its guests easy access to all parts of the city. Metro lines 2 and 3 stop just outside the main entrance, at “Paral·lel,” and nearby buses can take you to the beaches of Barcelona, Park Güell, and anywhere in between. A stroll from our hotel near Las Ramblas will take you to some of Barcelona’s favorite tourist attractions.Hotel opened in 2001 and renewed in 2011.Hotel Barcelona Universal has 167 rooms, each equipped with free Wi-Fi Internet. Three “Barcelona Skyline Suites” feature a Jacuzzi and private terrace. Families and larger groups may be accommodated in triple or superior rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, EasyToBook, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Barcelona Universal Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Universal Barcelona
- Hotel Barcelona Universal
- Barcelona Universal Hotel Catalonia