Very nice hotel. Great friendly and helpful staff. They gave us a list of excellent restaurants to visit and were always very helpful in pointing us in the correct direction. We stayed there before & after our cruise and the front desk staff remembered us when we checked back in a week later. Great touch!! Really great location, close to everything. Ask to be placed on the quiet side of the hotel, there might not be the greatest view, but it's much better then being on the side that faces the street. We arrived early and our room was ready for us. The second time we arrived, our room wasn't ready, but they stored our luggage without issue. The breakfast buffet was decent. The rooms were very comfy, clean, and secure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strategically located just a five-minute walk from Las Ramblas, Hotel Barcelona Universal grants its guests easy access to all parts of the city. Metro lines 2 and 3 stop just outside the main entrance, at “Paral·lel,” and nearby buses can take you to the beaches of Barcelona, Park Güell, and anywhere in between. A stroll from our hotel near Las Ramblas will take you to some of Barcelona’s favorite tourist attractions.Hotel opened in 2001 and renewed in 2011.Hotel Barcelona Universal has 167 rooms, each equipped with free Wi-Fi Internet. Three “Barcelona Skyline Suites” feature a Jacuzzi and private terrace. Families and larger groups may be accommodated in triple or superior rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Venere, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, EasyToBook, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Barcelona Universal Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Universal Barcelona
- Hotel Barcelona Universal
- Barcelona Universal Hotel Catalonia