“Nice Enough But Not 4*” 3 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida de Roma 23, 08029 Barcelona, Spain   |
Ranked #420 of 518 Hotels in Barcelona
“Nice Enough But Not 4*”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2014

We stayed for 3 nights earlier this month and booked this as a 4* hotel via hotwire. The room was pretty basic, bed, wardrobe,tv, bathroom. The bed would have been better if it was fixed to the wall or wasnt on wheel, as every time we moved the bed moved away from the wall. The mirrors on wardrobe were cracked and there were lots of marks on the wall which was dissapointing (i expect a higher standard for 4*) The room was ok for what we needed, Somewhere to sleep between the sightseeing, however I dont believe that this hotel should be 4*.
I would also add that the shower height was very low, we are both quite tall and found it difficult to wash my hair, having to arch my neck too much.

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Greek first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2014

Not a real four star hotel. We paid close to €800 to say there for 5 nights and it was not up to standard. The Decor is extremely old and out dated. The pillows were a joke, they were as wide as a shoe box, and rock solid. Wifi only worked in public areas so I had to make personal phone calls in the lobby. The staff were not friendly at all! No greetings, no hellos, no good mornings, no smiles, not even a "thank you for staying with us" on check out. We arrived at the hotel soaking wet from walking 15 minutes in a thunder storm, and were not even given the opportunity to dry off, before having to pay up front immediately. I had to write my address down to prove I was, in fact, who my drivers license said I was.... I felt like I was 17 again trying to get into a night club with a fake ID. Not the greeting I had imagined.
Breakfast was a joke, €8 PER PERSON, PER DAY! And there was no bread or cereal left if you wanted a small sleep in.
That being said, the air conditioner worked well, and it is close to the metro. Wouldn't stay here again, do not recommend.

Stayed October 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2014

This experience was a disaster. I was expecting a four star hotel after spending the prior week in a real quality four star hotel. I can't say this one meets the requirements by any standard.

The whole hotel looked very outdated. Hallways were dirty, the room walls were full of black stains, the room floor was broken, the wifi kept dropping out, the air conditioning was non-existant (except for the fact that it made a louder noise than my washing machine back home).

Also my friend in another room lost his spare coins from his bag's side pocket to a thieving housekeeper to which the reception replied "that's impossible!" eventhough the housekeeper was caught redhanded while bailing out of the room.

By the end we were so sick of this hotel that we actually booked new flights to get home a few days early.

Only good thing is the location which is near the railway station and metro with a direct line to la Rambla. Also the reception service was kind and professional (except with the housekeeping incident which I wasn't directly involved with).

Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Woudenberg, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

We arrived early in the morning in Barcelona by car, it was no problem to have an early check in as well as to park our car. It was a lovely and clean room, had a great breakfast the next day.

The hotel is classy and the staff if very welcoming. A big plus: it was no problem to park the car the whole next day, without extra costs, so we could enjoy Barcelona a bit more.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Stockholm, Sweden
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

The only thing half new in this hotel is the lobby. The staff at the front desk is nice and the breakfast is ok (not more than ok). The rest sucks. The air conditioning is non existing and the cleaning lady sometimes gives u new towels and sometimes not. The same thing goes with soap etc.

The terrass is a joke and does not look at all like on the pics on the homepage. The furniture and the beds are old.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

On arrival we were pleasantly surprised, since the hotel is located within a five minute walk of Barcelona Sants station and the room looked clean and pleasant. However it didn't take long for us to realise the problems: the air conditioning wasn't fit for service (I spent the final two nights of the trip sleeping under a wet towel) and the bed was so noisy it prevented us from sleeping.

I'd recommend trying elsewhere I'm afraid, especially in summer with the sub-standard air con.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I'm very surprised that this hotel has managed to get 4 stars. My sister and I stayed there for three nights and I'd never been HAPPY to leave a hotel! Worst thing first, more than once we woke up to discover the door to our room had been opened in our sleep, we though we mus not had pulled it too proeprly but the way the door was that couldn't happen - was was often open and inch or so in the mroning. On our last day there I even woke up to find the door was wide open, not just by an inch. No one ever knocked on our door so we had no idea if it was the cleaner or someone creeping into our room.
Said room was tiny and we were given one bed, despite booking a room with two and once again requesting two when we arrived (they hadn't allocated us a room). The lobby is lovely, I'll give them that, and the first staff memeber we dealt with was weet and helpful. However, once we stepped into our room we were both so dissappointed. There were marks and scratches all the way up and down the walls - not just long the bottom where it looked like hunderes of suitcases had been scrapped on it. The headboard was glued (?) the the wall and where it had come away it took a few good chunks of paint with it, there were also drill holes all over the floor and patches of rush in the bath. We had to call the desk as soon as we got in because we had one towl and the safe battery had run out. They did send soemone up to look at it but he ended up `fixing` it then it stopped working all together and breaking it. When I went to complain about this the staff member who broke the safe was rude and intimidating. He shrugged at me and gave me dirty looks and said `So? It's broken`. I tried to explain how this wasn't good and were weren't happy, all I got was another shrug and was told we could leave our valubles with him. He stared at me and just kept shrugging until I felt so uncomfortable I just went back to the room.
My sister and I spent as little time as possible in our room. It's a good place to sleep and that's about it.

Room Tip: Ask for an extra room key so you can keey the AC running whilst you're out