“Fantastic Value for Money” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida de Sarria 50, 08029 Barcelona, Spain   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #109 of 518 Hotels in Barcelona
GreenLeadersGold level
“Fantastic Value for Money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

This hotel is 5* in every way apart from the prices - large rooms, well appointed with effective climate control. A bit out of the centre but well worth the walk. Public rooms very comfortable with excellent service. Will definitely come back.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Hungarian first
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The location of the hotel was good, close to the shopping center and convenience store. However the room we were staying in was really smelly... People in the hotel served us really polite and we felt that the hotels' service level is really high. Staff members came to our room in a few minutes after we contacted them when we had issues. But I could not make my rating into "very good" because of the smell which I mentioned earlier, which made us feel really bad about this hotel. Except that it is really nice hotel as a location and its convenience, so I would say this is a very close to 4 star hotel.

Room Tip: There is a really nice cafe just one block away from the hotel, once you exit from the hotel you tur...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The melia sarria is a superbly located hotel with 5* facilities @ 3* prices.
The staff are friendly helpful and sympathetic to any problems etc restaurant is superb.
Rooms are very clean spacious and showers are amazing.
Had a junior suite which also has whirlpool bath separate living area 2 flat screen TVs and espresso coffee machine.
Only negatives to point out - Mini bar is very expensive and the sausages at the breakfast buffet are not the best, but the pastries more than make up for that.
All in all a superb hotel which I can recommend to anybody.
Many thanks for reading

• Stayed December 2014
las vegas, nv
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Hotel is located just one block off Avigunda Diagonal in a pleasant upscale appearing area. 10 minutes walk to the metro and a convenient tram terminal station about five blocks away. It would appear as if half of their business is derived from tour groups who were shuttled in and out of the hotel. Room was reasonably clean but nothing exceptional that would suggest this property was truly a five star hotel. Cost of breakfast was high, 20 euros plus. Go down one block on Avenida de Sarria to a tavern serving locals breakfast for a fraction of the price.
Front desk staff are fluent in English and were very helpful in providing maps and directions to the places we wanted to visit. While we had stayed in Barcelona in the past there were still sites we wanted to visit.The hotel has a fair sized conference / convention area and there was a one being setup when we were there. We got to town early for a cruise leaving three days later.

Barcelona is a great tourist town with many fine museums, good public transportation and a great variety of restaurants. You might find true five star quality hotels closer to the heart of town and the port.

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Madrid, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Hello everybody.
Last long weekend, we were in this fantastic hotel, where we stayed three days . This towering hotel offered us fantastic views, a huge room and a great breakfast in the ground floor. It is near to Poblenou metro (Tube, Underground, U...). Two or three blocks should walk to lead it. In ten o fitheen minutes might be in Gothic Town (Jaime 1st, Urquinaona or Pasei de Gracia). And you could get on tranvia. And you get off in Glories station and get on in the Glories metro station. How you can see, the hotel is conected well.
We stayed in The Level. Another time, last year, we stayed at The Level Melia Princesa in Madrid. The experience was amazing. And we wanted to repeat it. The reception is on the 25 floor. We could do to check in and while the worker explain us everything about the hotel, we could drink a cup of cava.
When we came into the room, strawberries with chocolate and a bottle of cava were waiting. We could drink this delicious liquid and enjoy with the taste of the gold bubles. The design of the room looks like modern. No, it is modern like this Barcelona neighborhood. While we were drinking some minutes later we though that was cold. We increase the thermostat, but the temperature of the room did not increase. Instead of we tryed to modificate the temperature of our thermostate. Imposible. We could be whithout clothing. It was not comfortable.
Other activities that The Level Melia Princesa was amazing were the service food. I read aboout the bad food service into The Level Melia Sky. Yes, it's real. The food in The Level Sky is MINIMUM. You can only taste three or two or nothing savory dishes and three, four or five sweet dishes. Why is this different between this hotels in this service? We could not explain it.
Other fantastic that we wanted to try was the spa. Surprise, they were fixed it and we should go out to enjoy. We got on the tranvia and arrived to another hotel to enjoy into the spa. Bad luck.

When we will return to Barcelona, I will make sure that every opinions about this hotel are well.

Room Tip: We stayed at executive junior suite in 23 floor. Fantastic views
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Ashburn, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I spent a few days at the Melia Barcelona Sarria for work, so I didn't get to see a lot of the city. Not necessarily a bad thing, considering I know nothing of Spanish tradition.

The hotel is great. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The desk staff spoke English (less common in Catalonia than other places in Europe) which made things nice. From what I can tell, most of the locals either don't (or won't) speak English.

The free wi-fi worked flawlessly during my stay, and I never touch hotel minibars.

My stay was during cooler weather so I have NO idea how the environmental controls work, but others complained of being unable to cool their rooms on warmer nights before I arrived.

The bathroom was above and beyond what I expected. Large, toilet and bidet, separate shower and tub. Doors to block off every section (shower/toilet/sink). Nice big bottles of shampoo, body wash,etc. Shaving kit too! It took me a while to get a hang of the shower. By default, the water comes out of a hand held wand type thing, but there is also a raining shower head above. Operation was not clear to me. Finally figured out that by pulling the small, metal nob under the water regulator I could get the rain shower to work. Word to the wise: check to see where that hand held is pointing before you turn the water on! I used one towel just drying the floor from my first try.

The elevators are fun too. You choose your floor BEFORE you enter the elevator. The lobby has four, small elevators (A, B, C, D). You enter your destination on the external keypad and the display tells you which one to take. Much of the time you are alone, but occasionally you are paired with others. I found this to be an efficient setup that minimized wait times.

I only ate one non-breakfast meal in the hotel: a club sandwich the day I arrived. I was hungry and the sandwich was really good. Breakfast is plentiful and it was included. Ask for coffee as soon as you sit down if you just want black coffee. There are a multiple espresso machines in the breakfast area (I saw at least two), but they were constantly crowded and the staff will bring you a pot of coffee of your own.

Again, since I traveled on business, I have no comment on the location as it pertains to tourist attractions, etc. I also used public transportation to/from, so I have no idea how much taxis to anything are.

I can say that I would stay at the Melia Barcelona Sarria again. A real pleasure.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back look into other buildings, not sure if the front is any better. Hotel is downtown...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Montevideo, Uruguay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is my second stay at this Melia in Barcelona. Although far from downtown, it's one block away from Av Diagonal, two blocks from a shopping center including El Corte Ingles and many other shops, and you vcan go walking to the Plaza de Cataluña and the Gothic Town if you want to exercise. It can take you 30 mins. The breakfast is very good and the cheese restaurant by the lobby is really outstanding.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Been to Melia Barcelona Sarria? Share your experiences!