If you are looking for location, you simply can't go wrong with Le Meridien Barcelona as the hotel is in the middle of where you want to be. Staff is very attentive and cleanliness acceptable, everything in the room was in working order. For American travelers that perhaps are a bit too picky, the room is a bit small for what we are accustomed to. However, the room meets the basic needs of a good 4 star hotel. Question to management, why upon arrival there were apples on the hallway where you place the newspapers, and then you never replenished the basket? consistency is an important part of hospitality...
We ate breakfast twice at the hotel and dinner once and again, the overall dining experience meets the basic needs. I expected a bit more selection and variety for breakfast but quality of the food was good. The breakfast experience was ruined by the waiter presenting the check before I even sat down to eat the food. Dinner quality was good, however we came down to eat perhaps too early and we were greeted by the hostess with a "can I help you?" which almost made me turn around and go eat else where...
Kudos to Vanessa from the front desk for an outstanding and very informative check in and to Marcus, the cook from the restaurant that made a great omelette and with his hospitality made up the discreet F&B experience we had.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly positioned for discovering the rich artistic heritage represented by Barcelona's museums, music and architecture, Le Meridien Barcelona is a five star hotel located on the city's most famous street, Las Ramblas. With examples of Gaudi's architecture, the Liceo opera house, MACBA and the Gothic Quarter, all main attractions within walking distance, guests can immerse themselves in local culture. Throughout the hotel art and architectural detailing catch the eye. In the central lobby is Le Meridien's HUB, a perfect place to rendezvous with friends and family. Furnished with contemporary designer pieces and decorated with specially curated art installations. The Hub is a great place to meet and offers a stimulating and fascinating environment. Each of the 231 rooms and suites combines comfortable living with art and design elements, including original works by contemporary local artists. Sublimely comfortable Le Meridien furnishings and multiple entertainment options ensure a relaxed stay. The Longitude 02º 10' Bar in the HUB is the place to enjoy a delicious Illy coffee, fresh cakes or a glass of wine or cava. Alternatively, CentOnze Restaurant offers great views of Las Ramblas along with the gastronomic creations of Chef Eugeni Cortes who reinterprets local cuisine using fresh ingredients sourced from the nearby Boqueria Market. Le Pop Cocktail Bar stimulates your senses with an exciting blend of cocktails, music and vintage savoir vivre with a modern twist. Located on the sixth floor of the hotel, the Explore Spa Studio is a blissful oasis of relaxation offering treatments and therapies based on renowned French Cinq Mondes beauty products. Open to both guests and members of the public who, in consultation with a beauty therapist, can choose from a range of offerings designed to aid skin rejuvenation and promote personal wellbeing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Starwood EMEA, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Le Meridien Barcelona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Barcelona Hotel Barcelona
- Barcelona Le Meridien
- Meridien Barcelona
- Le Meridien Barcelona Catalonia