Our whole experience we were looked down upon much like homeless people. Started in the parking garage where after we passed the 10 minute inspection, we were literally escorted to a designated parking space. At checkin, we ended up needing a rollaway bed which cost almost as much as an additional room! Room wasn't ready at 4pm, gave us a "cocktail" while we waited which took 5 minutes to get service then asked for our free cocktail card which had been given to them by our desk clerk. In a huff the server went to find our card, came back 6 minutes later and informed us no cocktail, just beer (4oz) or cava. Wanting to get on with our first day in Barcelona, we really didn't want to be sitting for 15 minutes for a 4 oz free beer, had we known.
Off to get something to eat (off-property, thank you), we returned to find our room ready but was asked if we wanted the rollaway bed made up, really? Got to our room where we had to wait almost 10 minutes for somebody to bring our luggage. Again, wanted to just get on with exploring the city, not sit in a hotel room. Room was clean enough, view was horrible - a 2nd floor rooftop. Bathroom was updated but the door was etched glass, kind of like a shower door. Not very private and didn't close all the way. Overall, not very inviting atmosphere, staff was adequate but not very engaging or helpful. Having traveled to Starwood properties very often, I was discouraged this one did not make the guest a priority. At $300 for the night, this was the biggest disappointment of our 8 day trip to Spain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A new perspective shines in the heart of Barcelona Due to its prime location in Las Ramblas the hotel becomes the hub for the city's exploration. Just steps away from the main attraction it remains today as the ideal choice for travelers looking for a cultural, culinary and local sense of place experience. The 231 rooms and suites will offer revitalizing nights sleep before exploring Barcelona's cultural and gastronomic heritage. A special mention deserve the Suites and Explore Spa studio, after being renovated by renowned designer Isabel Lopez, with a truly contemporary local spirit, Catalan designed furniture, local art pieces, smart use of spaces and recycled materials. The sun deck at Explore Spa Studio encourages guest to discover a new perspective of the city with views from the gothic quarter to the Montjuic mountain where the Olympic games were hosted in 1992. The 111 steps that separate the hotel from the Boqueria Market, the most prestigious traditional Spanish market in the city, give name to the Cent111Onze restaurant. Guest wake up to an inspiring breakfast for affluent travelers and local bon vivants. As the day passes Cent111Onze surprises with a new perspective on traditional and sustainable market cuisine for lunch and dinner with unique views over Las Ramblas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood EMEA, Orbitz, Venere, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Otel, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Le Meridien Barcelona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Barcelona Hotel Barcelona
- Barcelona Le Meridien
- Meridien Barcelona
- Le Meridien Barcelona Catalonia