Our whole experience we were looked down upon much like homeless people. Started in the parking garage where after we passed the 10 minute inspection, we were literally escorted to a designated parking space. At checkin, we ended up needing a rollaway bed which cost almost as much as an additional room! Room wasn't ready at 4pm, gave us a "cocktail" while we waited which took 5 minutes to get service then asked for our free cocktail card which had been given to them by our desk clerk. In a huff the server went to find our card, came back 6 minutes later and informed us no cocktail, just beer (4oz) or cava. Wanting to get on with our first day in Barcelona, we really didn't want to be sitting for 15 minutes for a 4 oz free beer, had we known.
Off to get something to eat (off-property, thank you), we returned to find our room ready but was asked if we wanted the rollaway bed made up, really? Got to our room where we had to wait almost 10 minutes for somebody to bring our luggage. Again, wanted to just get on with exploring the city, not sit in a hotel room. Room was clean enough, view was horrible - a 2nd floor rooftop. Bathroom was updated but the door was etched glass, kind of like a shower door. Not very private and didn't close all the way. Overall, not very inviting atmosphere, staff was adequate but not very engaging or helpful. Having traveled to Starwood properties very often, I was discouraged this one did not make the guest a priority. At $300 for the night, this was the biggest disappointment of our 8 day trip to Spain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly positioned for discovering the rich artistic heritage represented by Barcelona's museums, music and architecture, Le Meridien Barcelona is a five star hotel located on the city's most famous street, Las Ramblas. With examples of Gaudi's architecture, the Liceo opera house, MACBA and the Gothic Quarter, all main attractions within walking distance, guests can immerse themselves in local culture. Throughout the hotel art and architectural detailing catch the eye. In the central lobby is Le Meridien's HUB, a perfect place to rendezvous with friends and family. Furnished with contemporary designer pieces and decorated with specially curated art installations. The Hub is a great place to meet and offers a stimulating and fascinating environment. Each of the 231 rooms and suites combines comfortable living with art and design elements, including original works by contemporary local artists. Sublimely comfortable Le Meridien furnishings and multiple entertainment options ensure a relaxed stay. The Longitude 02º 10' Bar in the HUB is the place to enjoy a delicious Illy coffee, fresh cakes or a glass of wine or cava. Alternatively, CentOnze Restaurant offers great views of Las Ramblas along with the gastronomic creations of Chef Eugeni Cortes who reinterprets local cuisine using fresh ingredients sourced from the nearby Boqueria Market. Le Pop Cocktail Bar stimulates your senses with an exciting blend of cocktails, music and vintage savoir vivre with a modern twist. Located on the sixth floor of the hotel, the Explore Spa Studio is a blissful oasis of relaxation offering treatments and therapies based on renowned French Cinq Mondes beauty products. Open to both guests and members of the public who, in consultation with a beauty therapist, can choose from a range of offerings designed to aid skin rejuvenation and promote personal wellbeing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Le Meridien Barcelona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Barcelona Hotel Barcelona
- Barcelona Le Meridien
- Meridien Barcelona
- Le Meridien Barcelona Catalonia