I had stayed at the Le Meridien in Paris and vouched I would never stay at a Le Meridien again. Fast forward to the W in Barcelona being sold out and Le Meridien was the other Starwood choice in the city. I was a bit reluctant but wanted my points :) The room I was given was on the 5th floor and had it's own private outdoor terrace. I was pleasantly surprised by the size of the room and the outdoor space. The room wasn't so bad after all.
I returned a few months later and was in a smaller room as the former room was not available. you do notice the age of the hotel a bit and the standard-ness of the room features. There are a number of hotels in Barcelona that are better but the price here is always reasonable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A new perspective shines in the heart of Barcelona Due to its prime location in Las Ramblas the hotel becomes the hub for the city's exploration. Just steps away from the main attraction it remains today as the ideal choice for travelers looking for a cultural, culinary and local sense of place experience. The 231 rooms and suites will offer revitalizing nights sleep before exploring Barcelona's cultural and gastronomic heritage. A special mention deserve the Suites and Explore Spa studio, after being renovated by renowned designer Isabel Lopez, with a truly contemporary local spirit, Catalan designed furniture, local art pieces, smart use of spaces and recycled materials. The sun deck at Explore Spa Studio encourages guest to discover a new perspective of the city with views from the gothic quarter to the Montjuic mountain where the Olympic games were hosted in 1992. The 111 steps that separate the hotel from the Boqueria Market, the most prestigious traditional Spanish market in the city, give name to the Cent111Onze restaurant. Guest wake up to an inspiring breakfast for affluent travelers and local bon vivants. As the day passes Cent111Onze surprises with a new perspective on traditional and sustainable market cuisine for lunch and dinner with unique views over Las Ramblas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Despegar.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Starwood EMEA, Venere, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Amex, getaroom.com and Tingo so you can book your Le Meridien Barcelona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Barcelona Hotel Barcelona
- Barcelona Le Meridien
- Meridien Barcelona
- Le Meridien Barcelona Catalonia