Le Meridien is very convenient for sightseeing since it is located midway on The Ramblas. The problem is since it is located downtown there is street noise that penetrates the rooms all night. They do not have soundproofing or noise preventing glazing to alleviate this problem. The staff was very helpful especially the concierge who helped with routing our sightseeing. Our sleep was so disturbed the first night that we requested a room change. They moved us to the top floor in the rear and it was quiet there. If you stay here it is best to request a room facing the rear even though the view out the window is not so pleasant.On the whole I would say there are other hotels in Barcelona that offer better accommodations for the money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly positioned for discovering the rich artistic heritage represented by Barcelona's museums, music and architecture, Le Meridien Barcelona is a five star hotel located on the city's most famous street, Las Ramblas. With examples of Gaudi's architecture, the Liceo opera house, MACBA and the Gothic Quarter, all main attractions within walking distance, guests can immerse themselves in local culture. Throughout the hotel art and architectural detailing catch the eye. In the central lobby is Le Meridien's HUB, a perfect place to rendezvous with friends and family. Furnished with contemporary designer pieces and decorated with specially curated art installations. The Hub is a great place to meet and offers a stimulating and fascinating environment. Each of the 231 rooms and suites combines comfortable living with art and design elements, including original works by contemporary local artists. Sublimely comfortable Le Meridien furnishings and multiple entertainment options ensure a relaxed stay. The Longitude 02º 10' Bar in the HUB is the place to enjoy a delicious Illy coffee, fresh cakes or a glass of wine or cava. Alternatively, CentOnze Restaurant offers great views of Las Ramblas along with the gastronomic creations of Chef Eugeni Cortes who reinterprets local cuisine using fresh ingredients sourced from the nearby Boqueria Market. Le Pop Cocktail Bar stimulates your senses with an exciting blend of cocktails, music and vintage savoir vivre with a modern twist. Located on the sixth floor of the hotel, the Explore Spa Studio is a blissful oasis of relaxation offering treatments and therapies based on renowned French Cinq Mondes beauty products. Open to both guests and members of the public who, in consultation with a beauty therapist, can choose from a range of offerings designed to aid skin rejuvenation and promote personal wellbeing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Starwood EMEA, Venere, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, Otel, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Le Meridien Barcelona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Barcelona Hotel Barcelona
- Barcelona Le Meridien
- Meridien Barcelona
- Le Meridien Barcelona Catalonia