Great place. Used Starwood points and cash to have a pretty nice and cheap stay our last 2 days in Spain.
Location is great. Smack in the middle the Ramblas and shielded by the noise. Easy to find and well known by the taxi drivers. Check-in was a pain unfortunately given the crowds - we got in at 9am, requested an early room, and had to wait till well after 3pm. We got a free museum pass but after our redeye flight in from Granada, it was pretty irritating. However, they were very nice and courteous and it was a busy time.
The subway was pretty easy to get to but did require a bit of walking up or down the street. The concierge and front desk people were very helpful, they have wireless in the lobby, and a delicious coffee bar downstairs. The layout is nice. It is quite modern, very American, and catered to a business traveler.
We didn't use room service, spas, or anything like that. The hotel provided a central location for exploring Barcelona at a rapid pace. If you can get the hotel for the deal we did, I would HIGHLY recommend it. However, if it's expensive, there are a TON of hotels everywhere that I would suggest trying out if you wanted to get away from the "American" vibe of this one.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Barcelona Hotel
- Le Meridien Barcelona Hotel Barcelona
- Barcelona Le Meridien
- Meridien Barcelona
- Le Meridien Barcelona Catalonia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A new perspective shines in the heart of Barcelona Due to its prime location in Las Ramblas the hotel becomes the hub for the city's exploration. Just steps away from the main attraction it remains today as the ideal choice for travelers looking for a cultural, culinary and local sense of place experience. The 231 rooms and suites will offer revitalizing nights sleep before exploring Barcelona's cultural and gastronomic heritage. A special mention deserve the Suites and Explore Spa studio, after being renovated by renowned designer Isabel Lopez, with a truly contemporary local spirit, Catalan designed furniture, local art pieces, smart use of spaces and recycled materials. The sun deck at Explore Spa Studio encourages guest to discover a new perspective of the city with views from the gothic quarter to the Montjuic mountain where the Olympic games were hosted in 1992. The 111 steps that separate the hotel from the Boqueria Market, the most prestigious traditional Spanish market in the city, give name to the Cent111Onze restaurant. Guest wake up to an inspiring breakfast for affluent travelers and local bon vivants. As the day passes Cent111Onze surprises with a new perspective on traditional and sustainable market cuisine for lunch and dinner with unique views over Las Ramblas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Starwood EMEA, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, TripOnline SA, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Le Meridien Barcelona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.