This is a mid-size boutique hotel located in the Exemplar district. It's a 10 minute stroll down to the main Plaza outside of the old city and at the start of Las Ramblas, the pedestrian boulevard with its shops, street vendors and street acts.
The Exemplar itself is a wonderful area to explore and has some of the best examples of Gaudi architecture a block from the front door of the hotel.
We had rooms in the "original" building. (Apparently the hotel expanded at some time by purchasing a property across the street.) The hotel is clean, and quiet. The decor of the hotel in understated elegant. (If you prefer the decor of a Ritz Carlton, this hotel is not it.) The rooms we had were nice sized facing an interior couryard. What the room lacked in a view was more than made up for in a quiet stay--no exterior city noise to speak of. The rooms were nicely appointed--stone floors and counter-tops in the bathroom, wood floors in main area, heavy draiperies, high ceilings, comfortable linens and bedding, LCD TV. Great HAVC-quiet and efficient.
The service at the front desk was veyr helpful for dinner reservations and other recommendations and they are licensed to exchange currency as well.
The only negatives-- the two PCs used for web access are not free. The rooftop pool is small--but hey, we were not in Barcleona to sit around and swim laps. The mixed drinks at the rooftop bar are quite expensive at 12 EU. My recommendation is to enjoy the free salty snacks, order something soft and enjoy the view as the sun sets because it's absolutely spectacular.
For most of us this hotel would be considered a gem. For special room rates, try paying for your stay, in advance and in-full with no refund available. Kind of like Priceline. . .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El Hotel Condes de Barcelona 4* esta inmejorablemente situado en pleno Paseo de Gracia, en el corazon de la Barcelona modernista, frente al famoso edificio "La Pedrera" de Gaudi, a escasos minutos de la Plaza Catalunya y el centro historico de la ciudad. El Hotel, que ocupa un antiguo palacetes del siglo XIX, presenta una oferta de alojamiento de 126 habitaciones y un servicio de restauracion a cargo del chef Martin Berasategui, poseedor de siete estrellas Michelin.El Hotel Condes de Barcelona es ademas una referencia gastronomica de prestigio pues cuenta con Martin Berasategui como director gastronomico. Berasategui asesora y supervisa toda la Restauracion del Hotel.Destaca su Restaurante Loidi y la espectacular Terraza Alaire con las mejores vistas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, EasyToBook, Agoda, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Condes de Barcelona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Condes De Barcelona Hotel Barcelona
- Condes De Hotel Barcelona
- Barcelona Condes De Hotel
- Hotel Condes De Barcelona
- Condes De Barcelona Catalonia