“Not impressed for what you pay for!” 3 of 5 stars

You added Astoria Hotel to your Saves list
Astoria Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Paris 203, 08036 Barcelona, Spain   |
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #149 of 518 Hotels in Barcelona
“Not impressed for what you pay for!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is quite far walking distance from the beach and la rambla. The room was terribly small and the wifi Internet did not work in my room, even though the receptionist insisted that it did. I had to go down to the lobby to use the Internet every time. I came back to the hotel around 14:30 for a siesta and the room had not been cleaned yet. I was just about to make a complaint when the maid came in to clean the room, so I left. I was not impressed for what I paid for and some of the hostels I stayed at were much better. It's not conveniently located unless you want to do lots of walking. I would not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2013
pepe066, Director General at Astoria Hotel, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Customer,

Thank you for your opinion, but I don´t agree.

We will try to do the things better in the future.

Thank you and I hope to see you next future.

Director Hotel Astoria.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for a weekend break in August. Hotel is a short walk from las ramblas and all main amenities in Barcelona city centre.Rooms are great all modern style, there is no view from the room (ours was elevator shaft) but who stays in the room when you are in beautiful Barcelona. The hotel has a roof top swimming pool which was very handy to relax in the afternoon.
Very pleasant stay!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
pepe066, Director General at Astoria Hotel, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Customer,

Thank you for your words about the Hotel Astoria.

We try to offer the best to our clients , this is our aim and we will work in the future with the same idea.

Thanks for enjoy with us and I hope to see you next future in the Hotel Astoria.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

The Astoria Hotel and it's staff are very good. If you should have any questions or problems the staff are there to help. The accommodation and location is brilliant. I am a senior citizen and have visited Barcelona many times and always stay at The Astoria because I feel safe and am out of the really busy parts. I can visit those whenever I want to (and do!). The buffet breakfast has everything you need and is good value. Metro and buses are very close by. I recommend this hotel to everyone who wants a stress free holiday in Barcelona. Can't wait to go again.

Room Tip: I have always had a room at the rear of the hotel overlooking a courtyard which suits me fine. No no...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
pepe066, Director General at Astoria Hotel, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear customer,

Thank you for coming to our Hotel Astoria and for your opinion.

Is a pleasure to for all the staff to know that you had a nice days in the Hotel Astoria; and you enjoyed with the service, the breakfat, the rooms, and the location, etc.....

Thank you for all, and I hope to see you next time in the Hotel and I will give you some recomendation of Barcelona.

Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

This place has good reviews and was recommended by the travel agency in Australia as a luxury hotel. This was the worst accommodation we had while travelling around Europe some of the middle class or budget hotels we had were 5 star in comparison. Our room was on the 8th level, the lifts do not go that high (which are also very slow) and the stairs to the room are not luggage friendly. The roof in the bathroom is on slant making having a shower for anyone over 5ft5" difficult, not to mention it flooded the bathroom every shower, this caused issues as the hotel would not provide any extra towels for this or to use the pool, they expected us to use the bath towel for shower and pool use (and that's luxury??) Dont waste your money on the buffet breakfast all that was provided was basic cereal and juice, no toast, no eggs, no meats, nothing that you would expect at a buffet breakfast at all and the price is expensive for what you receive! Lastly the location, its not ideal if you want to look around la rambla, be close to the beach end of barca and also be where it is all happening, this location is more suited to business travellers and families that dont want to be near the loud night life, keeping in mind if you want to walk to these arrears it takes a while. The metro is close enough which is good.

Room Tip: Dont go above level 7 if you are tall!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
pepe066, Director General at Astoria Hotel, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear costumer,

Thanks for you opinion but I don´t agree with you.Is possible to have some problem with something as you said with water or the shower, etc, but if you have any problem you can go to the reception and we will help you quickly.
About the breakfast you can eat what you want and if you want something that is not in the buffet you can ask to the waiter and we will serve you.
The location of the Hotel is in the center of Barcelona but not in the Ramblas as you said.

For all this things I don´t agree with your opinion.

Thank you for coming to our Hotel.

PARIS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

The Astoria hotel is located in a very central area of Barcelone. For those who like to walk you can almost do everything walking. The area is very safe and we found the very best restaurants in town just nearby !
Some rooms have been newly renovated and are very comfortable (we really loved the room facing the courtyard we had as it was really quiet).
Staff is really kind and would always assist you the best way they can.
We found this hotel a very nice quality for value...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
pepe066, Director General at Astoria Hotel, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Dear Guest,

thank you for your words about our Hotel and our service and location.

We like our job and we try to offer the best to our clients and this our way of work.

Thanks again for coming to our Hotel Astoria and I hope to see you next future in Barcelona.

Luzern
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We have been there several times - the last time we spend 3 nights in July.
The hotel is very central but in a narrow street. So it is quite calm during the night. 5 minutes walk to the next subway station. 2 minutes walk to the avenue Diagonal and 5 minutes walk to the Passeig de Gracia.
Hotel was build in the art deco style which is very nice. Nice rooms with good beds. Very clean.
Breakfast buffet is great.
Very nice terrace on the roof top with a terrific view over the roofs of Barcelona.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

First of all thank you for coming to the Hotel Astoria and for writte you opinion about the Hotel too.
For all tha staff of the Hotel is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed in our Hotel with the service, with de decoration,with the rooms, the breakfast, etc, thank you again and I hope to see you next future.

Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I want to start by saying I love the city of Barcelona! I lived there in college and returned for a visit with my husband. The last time we were there when I was 19 then 22 and we stayed in hostels. THis was certainly a nice upgrade. The hotel was worth the 120 dollars a night which we paid for in September through hotels.com. It didn't include breakfast but the hotel was modern and decorated tastefully. If you can get it on sale around this price it is worth it. Also, the front desk staff were so friendly. If you stay here Bar Paris on the corner great for a quick tapa. Even better, for dinner GO TO:
Cerveceria Catalana
C/ Mallorca, 236, 08008 Barcelona, Spain (Eixample)
It is AMAZING...reasonably priced and I dream about it. AMazing. One of the BEST meals of my LIFE!!!!

ALso, it is a 20 minute walk to Placa Catalunya where you catch the bus to airport. The hotel concierge said there was a bus that goes to Placa Catalunya but we walked instead. OUr flight was early and we didn't want to chance getting on wrong bus. This is a great neighborhood to stay in.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
pepe066, Director General at Astoria Hotel, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for coming to the Hotel Astoria and to Barcelona.As you said our location is nice because from our Hotel you can go walking everywhere in the city , if not not you can take a bus or metro.
All the staff of the Hotel is very happy to know that you had a nice days in our city and in the Hotel Astoria.We will work hard with the idea to make the our service better.

Thank you again and I hope to see you next future in Barcelona and in the Hotel Astoria where I can show you our Museum of Ricard Opisso (mores than 160 pictures in our Hall).

Director Hotel Astoria.

Been to Astoria Hotel? Share your experiences!