The hotel has been said by some to be too far away from the centre. Provença tube station is almost at the front door from there it is one stop to Placa Catalunya at the top of the Ramblas. Buy a ten trip ticket for 10 euros and you have enough trips for a short break in this beautiful city. The room we had was not enormous but perfectly adequate.. A little rearranging of the position of the TV and mini bar would have increased the available space. Bathroom with bath and shower was perhaps a little tired but clean and more than adequate. There was no street noise but our room was at the back of the hotel. No view from room but were not there to look out windows. there is a mini market across the street from the Hotel it opens until 3am so saves buying from the expensive mini bar. Staff were friendly and knowledgable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Formerly Gran Hotel Catalonia. This hotel is located on the modernist route next to Paseo de Gracia. It is surrounded by the most beautiful modernist architecture and the most representative buildings of the work by Gaudí. Its location in the centre of Barcelona means that you are walking distance from the best commercial area and can enjoy the intense atmosphere of this Mediterranean city.Our most prized feature is our quality service. Organise your family celebrations and business meetings in one of our 5 meeting rooms, which have a capacity for morethan 400 guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, EasyToBook, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Catalonia Diagonal Centro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Diagonal Centro Hotel Barcelona
- Catalonia Gran Hotel
- Catalonia Diagonal Centro Barcelona