This hotel actually does not deserve to be a Renaissance property and thats my main reason for the score given. Were it to be an AC hotel ,as it used to be, my score would have been better. Using up 35K points per night is steep for this level as the hotel is more of an AC hotel rather than a Renaissance one.
The staff are very good but there are quite a few loose points.
Upon arrival there was no bell man and we had to wait a long time. The receptionist felt bad himself and finally volunteered to leave the desk and take the luggage. I was told that as a Platinum Elite Member I had been upgraded to a "very big room". I expected to have a suite but upon entering I realized it was a room for the physically challenged people. While being big in some sense it also meant the bathroom had no latches or locks and would open up wide enough giving you absolutely no privacy.
Housekeeping found it very difficult and cumbersome to replace the shampoos or soaps and it was interesting to watch the supplies literally empty without any replacement from their side. We asked for bathroom scales but were told the hotel doesn't have any. If you wanted to check the weight of the luggage you need to take it down to the lobby and get it done by the staff.
The hotel lacks any executive lounge so elite members are given breakfast in the restaurant. No drink vouchers are offered for that matter.
The spread at breakfast was good enough and there was a card placed which clearly mentioned you could ask for eggs, waffles , pancakes to be prepared according to your liking. However most of the staff seemed bewildered when we asked for it.
For those who drive and require parking , please beware of the parking space in the basement. For 34 Euros a day you have to test your driving and parking skills in what I would consider as one of the most difficult parking spaces with the walls literally, and I mean literally, touching the car from all sides!
The location is a saving point in the choice of this hotel as its walking distance to the shops and restaurants. However if you plan to drive , then it would be better choosing another hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Renaissance Barcelona Hotel is conveniently located in the heart of the city and just steps away from Paseo de Gracia shopping district and Plaza Cataluña. The hotel is also just minutes away from famous cultural and historical sites such as Las Ramblas and Sagrada Familia, but also surrounded by many little hidden treasured away from the main stream tourist attractions.This ultimate full-service lifestyle hotel offers 211 contemporary guestrooms. The hotel features 7 meeting rooms with almost 500 m2 ideal for corporate meeting and social gathering, and also the outside venue “La Terrassa”, available for private functions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Renaissance Barcelona Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ac Diplomatic Hotel Barcelona
- Renaissance Barcelona Hotel Catalonia