“Great hotel! Seriously give it a try! ” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
€15 for your next stay
Ranked #309 of 518 Hotels in Barcelona
Toronto, Canada
“Great hotel! Seriously give it a try! ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Great hotel. I could nit pick like some other users but for what you're paying I can't complain at all! Staff was absolutely amazing! We didn't like our original room it was small and facing the back alley. I asked for a room change and they put us up in their new "test" rooms and it was awesome. Super modern, clean, great views from the balcony to Ample street. We didn't have a mini bar in our room and we joked that they should move one in...... They actually moved one in from another floor!!! Staff was amazing and did a fantastic job in answering all our questions ect during our honeymoon stay.
Only two suggestions I would give, 1: the lobby has a funny smell which could be covered up with some incense and 2: the washrooms although super nice, need to have something done about the shower set up, it splashes everywhere onto the floor mostly because of the design and we ended up having to throw towels down every day to soak up the water, not very safe akso. Maybe put in actual glass doors all the way through? Other then those two things, great little hotel, perfectly located, well priced and a great place to lay your head! :-) I would definitely be back again!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Stayed at this hotel with a friend of mine. We stayed at room 403 which has an inconvenient placed wall in the middle of the room between the two beds. The bedroom itself was very very small. By day we placed our suitcases on the beds and in the evening we had to pack our bags again in order to move them on the floor. They would only fit in a way that you would have to step over them in order to get out of bed. The bathroom was of a decent size and was comfortable. Only inconvenient detail is the fact that (just like in many other hotels) you have to stand in the bath tub to take a shower. But okay.
As the room was a bit disappointing I asked for a different room when we returned to the hotel in the beginning of the evening. Without checking the computer I received the answer they never let guests switch rooms in the evening and the hotel was going to be fully booked. We could try again in the morning after. The fact I did not use anything in the room and only used it to store my bag on the desk did not make any difference. I would have accepted her answer if she would have shown a little more effort. She also could have arranged the move for the next day herself instead of telling us to come back.
Breakfast was okay. We took the special offer upon check in where breakfast was offered for 9 euro per person which was a good deal.
Locationwise this hotel is great. Just a short walk from the Ramblas, the harbour, the aquarium and the beaches. For my next visit to Barcelona I would look for a different hotel.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on 2nd and 3rd June 2014 and thought this hotel was great. We asked for a quieter room out the back after reading other advice on Trip Advisor. The room was huge with good storage space, strong wifi and a huge bathroom. The location is in the really interesting part of the city right in the middle and close to the port and Las Ramblas. Reception staff were lovely and spoke good English. There were heaps of little bars and tapas places all in our street or within easy walking distances. We enjoyed Sensi which is a tapas bar right across the road and many others. We really loved Barcelona and will be staying here again when we return. Just wished that we had more time here as we were leaving on a cruise on 4th June.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Hornchurch
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

If you are staying for a weekend in Barcelona, then stay here!! Set in the quaint alleyways of the Gothic quarter, it is easy to find. There are a multitude of bars, Tapas and restaurants in either direction. 10 mins to Barceloneta and its hive of entertainment, and Las Ramblas.
The hotel is clean the staff efficient the rooms and beds are very comfortable with a/c more than adequate. Never tried the breakfast.
The staff on the reception are excellent friendly and very knowledgeable. yes there was a little street noise, but nothing that bothered me.
I will be returning and with friends next year!!

Room Tip: Light sleepers are better getting a back room, personally I love people watching so the front room w...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Basic hotel, no frills, good rooms, efficient and courteous staff, excellent position close to subway and Gothic area. You should be aware that the larger room that front the street and also the nosiest.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels

toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

I stay here from May 3rd-8. I arrived early in the morning and was told to come back at 3pm for check in. They had a large room to leave luggage. I was given a room on the first floor it was very noisy soon as went in to the room. I asked to be moved, but was told there was no room available to change to. I was told to come down the next day to change rooms. I barely slept that night. So if your going to book here call to make sure your not on first floor facing street. So noisy all night long. I could even hear people ordering from restaurants at street and drunks at 5am. The next day the moved me to second floor, much quieter. The room was inside not street facing. Still could hear others in their rooms. The bathroom was tiny I felt like I was going to hit my arm on the sink every time I went to use the toilet. The positive is nice front desk. Each time my room safe broke-she had maintance come quickly. The location is great. Perfect for great restaurants. Quick walk to las ramblas. I won't stay hear again because of noise and space.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

Location is perfect for accessing all of the main attractions Barcelona has to offer, it's affordable yet still offers all you would expect of a 3 star hotel... Nicely decorated rooms spacious enough, a good selection of breakfast items to set you up for the day, warm and friendly staff, clean and safe environment. There is nothing to complain about and we would definitely recommend. The only possible area for improvement would be the lack of natural light in our room and the lack of a more scenic view but honestly it doesn't really matter if you're looking for a base to stay, and it's built in a narrow street so it's really what you expect anyway! Very good stay, and the hotel was central to this. Thanks!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hesperia Metropol? Share your experiences!