“Lovely hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Via Augusta

You added Hotel Via Augusta to your Saves list
Hotel Via Augusta
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Augusta 63, 08006 Barcelona, Spain (Formerly Minotel) (La Vila de Gràcia)   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #134 of 518 Hotels in Barcelona
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

This was a good deal and the hotel was better than I expected in every way. When I booked it, it was described as a cheap hotel, but it didn't feel like that at all. It was a smart, clean, simple room and quiet, so a great nights sleep. Beautiful bathroom, warm and cosy heating (we were there in December). The staff could not be more helpful in reception - showed us all sorts of places to go. Breakfast was really beautifully presented and all you can eat, so you could have a good breakfast to set you up for the day. Last time I stayed in Barcelona it was near the Ramblas. This was further out - right next to Gracia and a few minutes walk from Fortuna metro stations - we loved this area in the evenings. Some lovely little bars where you could see locals, rather than be in a tourist trap. Highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Hotel Via Augusta is situated in the area north of the centre of Barcelona known as Gracia, just a minute's walk from the FGC station of the same name. Being about 20 minutes from Placa Catalunya on foot or 5 minutes using the FGC train, it is very convenient for visiting the city. Buses also pass by in front of the hotel if you prefer and the nearest metro stop is a five minute walk. The neighbourhood is pleasant with local shops and a cinema handy. Fairly quiet at night and safe feeling. The staff in this hotel were very friendly and welcoming. After a morning arrival by train from Paris I checked in about 11am, well before usual check-in hours, but was informed I could have my room within the half hour and shown to a quiet seating area to wait. I was in my room within 10 minutes !! The room itself was pleasant, although not big by any means, it had everything I needed including a spacious bathroom and was clean and bright. The only small complaint was the shower which lacked any great enthusiasm when it came to the water pressure and I found the temperature control rather temperamental. Breakfast was a buffet type offering in a enjoyable quiet atmosphere with more friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast price was on the expensive side, although not compared to most hotels these days, and for the pleasant start to the day, not outrageously so. The hotel has complimentary wifi which although reliable was a little on the slow side at times. All in all I was very glad I chose this hotel for my stay and would certainly stay here again when I return to Barcelona. The great attitude of the staff really made a difference.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

We stayed here in October for my partners birthday.
We didn't expect much as it classed itself as a budget hotel, but the room was spacious, had a ensuite with a shower, good wardrobe facilities and a safe.
The reception staff were extremely friendly, and the room was cleaned to a good standard.
We had breakfast on the first morning as it was on offer for 6 euros, however it's mainly pastries, toast, baguettes, rolls, cheese and ham. They also had yoghurts, cereal, bacon, hot dogs and scrambled egg.
We didn't really want this everyday, so we used to get a couple of bits from the local shops which are everywhere.
The best part about this hotel is the location, it's very close to Metro Fontana, which gives you access to everywhere in Barcelona.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at Via Augusta—it was far nicer, in fact, than we'd expected given the price. Our eighth-floor double room even had a lovely terrace, although we couldn't use it because it rained non-stop the whole time we were there! But the room was spacious and comfortable, the shower had good pressure and was plenty hot, and the staff were all friendly and helpful and spoke English (even when I attempted to speak Spanish…). We didn't sign up for the breakfast because we found a little cafe nearby, Chiars, across the avenue and down a little street behind the Gracia train station. We were happy to be in gracious Gracia, away from the hubbub on the Ramblas or in the Gothic quarter, and the nearest Metro line, L3 (the green line) was the only one we needed to use. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Our eighth-floor room (814) was perfectly quiet even though it faced the street, and it had a terrac...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Gambettola, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

i spend 3 lovely day in the fantastic Barcellona hotel via augusta is very nice , silente and clean rooms and the staff is really friendly and helpful. Close to the hotel there are metro station, and plaza catalunia is only 15 min by walk

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

In a decent location. Near to a metro station on line 3 which is the only line I used to get everywhere in Barca. Places are walkable too if you wanted.
There's a few little bakeries near by too.
The hostel itself is clean. The rooms I thought were good. I had a single bed and it was a bit creaky when I turned over but it was comfy enough. The staff are all lovely. There's a vending machine for drinks and snacks.
Breakfast is varied and really nice. You can rent a bike for the day.
I think for the price it is certainly a brilliant hotel to stay in. For me, a hotel should provide a comfy room after a busy day exploring and this place definitely delivered the goods!
Would recommend.

• Stayed November 2013
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

For the amount of money asked as well as for the excellent service, I would say that this hotel is a great one to stay in! The rooms are tidy and kept well by housekeeping - who are all very kind and even helped me get into my room when my key didn't work. The location of the hotel is wonderful since it feels like owning a small apartment in Barcelona that you can go back to after a hectic day in the heart of the city near Las Ramblas. Great staff, great service, and over all an excellent hotel that I'd recommend to any traveler!

Room Tip: There are certain rooms that allow for smoking; if you are smoke sensitive like myself see if you ca...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
DireccionViaAugusta, Manager at Hotel Via Augusta, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Richar R.,

Greetings from Hotel Via Augusta!

Thank you very much for your comments. We are glad that your days in Barcelona were nice. I will inform to our team about your review.

We look forward to your return visit.

Been to Hotel Via Augusta? Share your experiences!