“Quality of beds” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Via Augusta

You added Hotel Via Augusta to your Saves list
Hotel Via Augusta
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Augusta 63, 08006 Barcelona, Spain (Formerly Minotel) (La Vila de Gràcia)   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #132 of 518 Hotels in Barcelona

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Essex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

A very nice little hotel, near to all main attractions in Barcelona, friendly staff and great value for money. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Antwerp, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Short version:
- Good location: quiet but easily accessible by metro.
- Good amneties, nice room.
- Friendly staff.
- Bad bed quality (single bed).

This hotel is a very good place to stay when visiting Barcelona. I went there mid August for a few days and booked this hotel because it seemed to offer good quality for a decent price and because it was well situated in the city. I was not disappointed.

The hotel has a good location: relatively quiet, but only a few steps away from the Metro station Gracia, with a direct line to Plaça Catalunya, the central area of the city. The hotel entrance is "subtle" though, so I walked past the hotel a few times. The room itself (a single room) is modern and has a separate bathroom and separate toilet. I also got the basic security vault in the room and free WiFi (though it wasn't really fast). Air-conditioning was also present. One negative point I want to mention is the bed. I had a single bed and it was not comfortable at all (it was definitely a spare guest bed). I assume the double beds are more comfortable, but I don't know this for sure.

The hotel staff was friendly and helpful with all my questions. The breakfast was good and they serve some local foods (e.g. tortillas con patatas) in addition to the standard breakfast you get in most hotels. The computer in the lobby had some technical difficulties and swallowed about €2 when I tried to print something. Ask the hotel staff to check it for you first.

I would recommend this hotel if you're looking to spend a few days in the city and need an accessible, but not too expensive place to stay.

Room Tip: Don't take a single room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

Use to stay in Novotel before but tjis time i got referral by my business friend. Location is ok, only 3 minutes walk to metro. However, service is bit strange as they do not provide blanket to customer. When I ask for blanket the reception try to teach me to turn the air condition off instead of offer blanket to me. Have to insist for this must have stuff. Will not suggest to accommodate again.

DireccionViaAugusta, Manager at Hotel Via Augusta, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear Sir,

First of all I would like you to inform you that we take seriously into consideration every comments of our customers either positive and negative and so we thank you for posting your opinion.

I have asked to our Reception Team about problem you had, and I want to present my excuses because reading your opinion on this site, I think our receptionist did not understand the problem you had. Our receptionist carried you the blankets as you ordered, he thought that you were cold and as he saw that your air conditioning was switched on, he recommended to you to switch it off.

I can confirm you that we have enough blankets for all our clients.

I am sorry for the inconvenience we could have cause to you during your stay. And we encourage to all our clients to write your experience in our hotel and our city.

Bes Regards

Miguel A.
nottingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

My partner and I stayed at the Via augusta Hotel in september 2012 for three nights. We really enjoyed our stay. The staff are more than happy to give information and directions about transport and local shops etc. The rooms are extremely clean, we had a huge shower and balacony adjoined to the bathroom. There is a smoking balcony and chill area on the 9th floor.the hotel is in a residential area so no hustle and bustle noise at night .during our stay there was construction work which obviously wont be there forever but did disturb my sleep in the mornings. The best thing about the hotel is the location, the bus links and metro and ability to walk to attractions such as passieg de gracia( boutiques restaurants, ) which then leads to gaudis casa bastllo and casa mila. The metro at pl molina up the road from via augusta hotel takes less than four stops to get placa de catalunya. if you catch the L6 or L7 it will bring you less than 5 mins wk from the hotel and less than four stops to the centre. gracia station is two minutes down the road. also the there are night buses and the 17 bus takes you all the way to barceneta beach which is well worth the trip as is port vell (whch is very close by) .everything is within walking distance if you like to walk, but to save time to fit everything in our trip we bought a T10 ticket which gives ten single trips. In the four days we still had journeys left to use . it only cost 10 euros.
There is a supermarket just outside the hotel if you do a sharp turn to your right, which sells allergy foods also. across the road from the hotel is a 24 hour shop where you can buy drinks and snacks at a cheaper price than the vending machines in the hotel. there is a breakfast available for 9.95 per night but we chose to eat at a place called Boci which was two minutes up the road which served more tradtional type foods and more health concious.
my only disappointment is that there was no iron and ironing board facilities. there is a laundry service in the hotel which cannot be used on weekends or national holidays.
there isa safe box, tv, comfotable beds, clean towels everyday and clean room everyday. we really enjoyed our stay and would definatley stay at this hotel again!! I recommend it , for a two star otel is is a good standard if you are not loking for luxury and are more about getting out and doing things. Look out for juan , he is great!.

Room Tip: if you smoke choose a room on the 8e 9th floor, there is an outside smoking balcony with seated area...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

This little hotel was a great find. It is not in the center of the hustle and bustle in Barcelona, but an easy walk to the main attractions and close to Metro stations if you don't want to walk. The staff was excellent, and the breakfast was plentiful. The room was adequate and clean, with air conditioner. We asked for a room facing the back of the hotel for less noise, and were not disappointed. Parking is extra. To go to the airport, we took the Metro to the Plaza Catalunya and then the Aerobus. Would definitely stay here again. No luxury but excellent and clean hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I stayed at Hotel Via Augusta for eight nights and I enjoyed it. Two metro stations are on walking distance. It is close to downtown (Ramblas Street) by Metro and the neighborhood is also nice. Staff in Hotel is very friendly and helpful. There is a good breakfast available. Rooms are clean.
My suggestion would be that they should have a double bed or a larger bed (although single bed is OK too). They should also provide an iron (plancha) for customers to iron clothes.
Overall, a good place to stay
Geet, Toronto, Canada

Room Tip: In Room: AC, wi-fi. Look for private washroom. Hotel should be near to Metro or Bus stop. Staff sh...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
HotelViaAugusta, Manager at Hotel Via Augusta, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
We would like to thank you for your review about your stay in Hotel Via Augusta.

I will show your review to our staff to motivate them. They will celebrate your opinion about our friendly and helpful service.

For your next visit to Barcelona, I would like to inform you about our laundry service. In 24 hours we can clean and iron whatever you need.

Thank you very much for your comments on Tripadvisor, they are very helpful for a small and independent hotel as our to constantly improve.

All the team wishes you the best and hopes to welcome you back soon.

Been to Hotel Via Augusta? Share your experiences!